a-Jays Three headphones
The a-Jays three headphones produce good quality sound and feature an attractive design
- Excellent bass response, flat cord, included accessories, comfortable, firm fit
- Large and long jack connector
At this price, the a-Jays Three headphones represent excellent value and are a perfect replacement for the standard headphones that are bundled with most portable media players.
Price$ 89.95 (AUD)
Swedish company Jays has produced a smash hit with its a-Jays Three headphones. Excellent bass response, a wealth of included accessories and an attractive design that features a flat, tangle-free cord mean they are highly recommended.
The a-Jays Three headphones are the third model in Jays' entry-level, in-ear line-up and a step above the a-Jays Two headphones. Despite the earphones' low asking price, Jays is very generous with included accessories; neatly fitted in impressive packaging are various sized rubber tips (five sets in total), a flight adapter to use with airplane entertainment systems, a stereo splitter to share your music, and a handy plastic carry case. One downside is the 3.5mm connector — it's quite large and long, so it sticks well out of a media player's headphone jack.
Jays claims flat cable of the headphones is "tangle-free"; this isn't entirely accuarate in our experience but the 1.15m cable definitely suffers less from tangles than regular rounded headphone cords. The earphones themselves feature a glossy black design with matte black edging and strike a nice balance between looks and comfort. With the right size sleeves fitted a comfortable seal is created in your ear, making long listening sessions pain-free. The earbuds also hold firmly in place, even when running or exercising.
Sound quality is super-impressive considering the price. While obviously not audiophile quality, the a-Jays Three headphones boast impressive bass response. This punchy, deep bass rarely overpowers other elements. Mid-range is also well balanced, with vocals, in particular, a standout. While not super-crisp, the audio overall is warm and punchy. There is no evident distortion, even at high volume levels.
Though they can't compete with active noise-cancellation technology, the a-Jays Three earbuds can block out most background noise on a crowded train at half volume — ideal for most commuters and certainly a huge upgrade on the headphones that ship with most portable media players, including the iPod.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Camels, sleds and trikes: Seven odd Street View vehicles
- Microsoft sued as lawsuits over employee no-poach deal mount
- Changes coming to Aldi Mobile plans and network
- Apple's iPad Air 2 goes on sale in Australia
- China attacks lead Apple to alert users on iCloud threats
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW