Jays d-Jays earphones
Sleek Jays headphones that provide excellent sound
- Good sound quality, sound isolation
- Lacking in comfort, average mid tones
The d-Jays headphones impressed us with their balanced sound and great build quality. Jays also does the little things well, with useful accessories included in the box.
Price$ 269.00 (AUD)
Headphones vendor Jays is managing to stand out from its competitors by offering quality product after quality product. The d-Jays earphones are the latest product from the Swedish manufacturer to pass through our Test Centre, and they provide excellent sound at an affordable price.
Like all of the Jays' range, silicone rubber sleeves are used. These earphones aren't as good as headphones with active noise-cancelling technology, but the d-jays successfully reduce background noise to an acceptable level.
Four pairs of sleeves are included with the earphones: XS, S, M and L. Other accessories included in the box are flight adaptor, carry case, stereo splitter (to listen with a friend) and an extension cord.
Audio quality is excellent: warm bass is balanced with detailed treble tones. Perhaps the only department where the earphones are let down is mid tones, but audio still satisfactory. Incredible detail is audible: sounds that weren't previously noticed in particular songs became apparent.
The d-Jays earphones, much like all of the other Jays products, certainly impressed us with balanced sound and great quality build. Jays also does the little things well, such as including useful accessories in the box. If you're looking to purchase some earphones that give you some grunt but won't drain your bank account dry, the d-Jays will get the job done.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Latest News Articles
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Astro A38 review: A staggering price to pay for convenience
- Parrot's Zik 2.0 headphones include an accelerometer and plenty of noise cancelling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure Specialist :SCOMWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- TPAndroid Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCScrum Master/ Agile CoachVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantACT
- TPHelpdesk/Level 1 SupportQLD
- TPSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- TPDev Ops SpecialistWA
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- TPSenior IT Project CoordinatorQLD