Kingston Data Traveller Mini - Migo Edition
- Attractive Design, Sturdy chassis, Extremely cheap.
- none to speak of.
If you are looking for a very cheap 1GB USB flash drive that's well-built and can sychronise data between your PCs, the Kingston Data Traveller Mini is your best bet.
Price$ 24.40 (AUD)
In order to stand out from the crowd, a 1GB USB flash drive needs to offer amazing features and an interesting and compact design. In fact, the smaller it is, the better. The Kingston DataTraveler Mini - Migo Edition fulfils all of these criteria but in the end, apart from being a handy flash drive - it's just like the rest.
The single feature that this drive has going for it is the Migo software that comes pre-installed. Using Migo, you can synchronise two computers to work from the same information. Files, folders, desktop background, email settings and inbox as well as browser information (favourites/settings) can be synchronised so that when you insert the DataTraveller Mini into a second PC, it loads to look identical to the first. However, Migo currently only supports Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird for mail and internet settings. This is unfortunate for those using Outlook or Lotus Notes, thus alienating many business users.
In our tests we found that the Migo software worked well, but didn't have the ease-of-use of SanDisk's U3 software. The SanDisk version of the U3 Migo software essentially does everything that the Kingston Migo does, but it also has more features including the ability to carry entire programs with you between PCs and virtual drive functionality. However, the fact that we could move from one PC to another and retain our information was particularly handy and we had no problems synchronising data on two PCs.
Design-wise, the DataTraveller Mini is very cute. There really isn't any other word to describe it. Measuring only 35mm long and 10mm thick, the drive is extremely small, compact and lightweight and has a very basic two-tone pastel design. The protective outer casing slides back to reveal the USB component and when the casing is returned to its protective duties, it sturdily clicks in place.
The Kingston DataTraveller Mini - Migo Edition isn't a revolutionary product in the world of USB flash drives, but it certainly has a good range of features and an interesting design. It has an extremely low price and, as such, we highly recommend it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- NSA chief says cyberattacks on industrial systems are his top concern
- Intel plans 3D NAND flash next year for 'as much storage as you want'
- Governments act against webcam-snooping websites
- Facebook's alternative PHP engine attracts Web service providers
- Intel planning thumb-sized PCs for next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW