Kingston Data Traveller Mini - Migo Edition
- Attractive Design, Sturdy chassis, Extremely cheap.
- none to speak of.
If you are looking for a very cheap 1GB USB flash drive that's well-built and can sychronise data between your PCs, the Kingston Data Traveller Mini is your best bet.
Price$ 24.40 (AUD)
In order to stand out from the crowd, a 1GB USB flash drive needs to offer amazing features and an interesting and compact design. In fact, the smaller it is, the better. The Kingston DataTraveler Mini - Migo Edition fulfils all of these criteria but in the end, apart from being a handy flash drive - it's just like the rest.
The single feature that this drive has going for it is the Migo software that comes pre-installed. Using Migo, you can synchronise two computers to work from the same information. Files, folders, desktop background, email settings and inbox as well as browser information (favourites/settings) can be synchronised so that when you insert the DataTraveller Mini into a second PC, it loads to look identical to the first. However, Migo currently only supports Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird for mail and internet settings. This is unfortunate for those using Outlook or Lotus Notes, thus alienating many business users.
In our tests we found that the Migo software worked well, but didn't have the ease-of-use of SanDisk's U3 software. The SanDisk version of the U3 Migo software essentially does everything that the Kingston Migo does, but it also has more features including the ability to carry entire programs with you between PCs and virtual drive functionality. However, the fact that we could move from one PC to another and retain our information was particularly handy and we had no problems synchronising data on two PCs.
Design-wise, the DataTraveller Mini is very cute. There really isn't any other word to describe it. Measuring only 35mm long and 10mm thick, the drive is extremely small, compact and lightweight and has a very basic two-tone pastel design. The protective outer casing slides back to reveal the USB component and when the casing is returned to its protective duties, it sturdily clicks in place.
The Kingston DataTraveller Mini - Migo Edition isn't a revolutionary product in the world of USB flash drives, but it certainly has a good range of features and an interesting design. It has an extremely low price and, as such, we highly recommend it.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- New, colourful LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- FTMarketing Specialist (B2B Sales)NSW
- FTData Centre Technical SpecialistACT
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- FTData Storage Support Consultant (EMC)QLD
- CCJava/ Guidewire DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTSalesforce Marketing Cloud ConsultantVIC
- FTBillings Integration ArchitectVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Office 365QLD
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - HealthQLD
- FTIT SpecialistACT
- CCWeb Devops EngineerNSW
- FTTest AdvertSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC