Kodak EasyShare Picture Viewer
- Good LCD
- Lack of a reason for existence
Is it really necessary?
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
If you already have a camera with an LCD 2.0" or larger, you are not in the target market for Kodak's EasyShare Picture Viewer.
As its name suggests, the product acts like a mini photo album and is designed to let users show off their pics to friends or family. Its selling point is its screen--a 2.5" high-resolution LCD.
Weighing only 70g and measuring 87mm wide by 58mm high by 12mm deep, the product is easy to carry around in a pocket or handbag. When you have an audience, pull it out and share your images instantly with your friends.
Kodak claims the EasyShare can display full-resolution images in less than three seconds, but we found it took longer on images of about 2.5MB. Smaller images worked fine.
The EasyShare Picture Viewer only has slots for SD and MMC cards. Its internal storage is 32MB and a video-out port allows you view your images on your TV.
The EasyShare is pretty light on features. It provides a slide show, with intervals that can be adjusted from three seconds onwards; allows you to delete images and gives you 2X magnification. Images can also be viewed nine-per-screen. You can also get basic picture info such as file type, date and image size.
The Menu button is a bit hard to press, which is a problem if you have big fingers.
Because it is compatible with the new IMAGELINK print system, users can select images to be printed on Kodak's EasyShare Printer Dock Series 3.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Business Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- CCEngineer/Developer - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCChange and Communications Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- FTProject Manager - InfrastructureVIC