Kodak EasyShare SV811
- Wireless connectivity, flexible content playback
- Small 8in screen, takes up to two hours to detect new shared albums
The Kodak EasyShare SV811 isn't the largest screen (there is also a 10in model, and other manufacturers produce frames larger even than this), but if you prize easy wireless connectivity and flexible content playback above screen size then the 8in Kodak EasyShare SV811 is a very good choice.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
Kodak's 8in EasyShare SV811 digital photo frame displays slideshows of digital images.
Sharing digital photos online is easy. But storing them on a PC can make them less convenient to share with guests at home. If you would rather not pass around photo prints, a digital photo frame can help. Kodak's 8in EasyShare SV811 frame will play slideshows of digital images.
It comes with memory card slots, and the Kodak EasyShare SV811 can also play music and video files while propped up on its kickstand. But there the similarities end.
The Kodak EasyShare SV811 displays images via Wi-Fi from your PC or from Kodak's EasyShare Gallery Web site. The frame's 802.11b/g wireless connection is easy to set up via the on-screen menus, except that you must enter your security passcode and account information using the remote (or the buttons on the frame) and manoeuvre through the on-screen keyboard.
The Kodak EasyShare SV811 displays photos in shared online albums, without you having to turn on your computer. Although, in testing, the frame quickly displayed photos taken from our existing shared Gallery albums, it may require up to two hours to detect newly shared albums.
To send files from your PC to the Kodak EasyShare SV811, you need to use Windows Media Player 11.0 and enable media sharing. Our images looked quite attractive on the Kodak EasyShare SV811's 800x480 pixel LCD, with high contrast and appealing colour saturation. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, and we noticed some obvious image cropping in our tests.
Join the PC World newsletter!
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- IBM's hub for wearables could have you out of the hospital faster
- HoloLens Spectator View makes it easier to show off AR creations
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
- Google revamps Voice with long overdue makeover, new features
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTICT Security AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- FTJunior Wintel Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer (Level 2 &3 )- Tomago LocationNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistNSW
- FTICT Change AnalystSA
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- TPSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- FTGIS Software DeveloperQLD
- FTData ArchitectNSW
- CCHyperion SpecialistQLD
- TPAutomation Test AnalystsQLD
- TPIT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystSA