Konica Minolta Magicolor 5430DL
- High speed, affordable, low running costs, colour
- Nothing in particular
This printer may well lead the colour printing revolution, with rapid colour output at an affordable price.
Price$ 1,999.00 (AUD)
When you see a colour laser printer claiming a 20ppm (pages per minute) print speed, cynicism tends to kick in--because colour printing is notoriously slow. But the magicolor 5430DL can really knock out the sheets.
This high-end colour laser is comparatively cheap to buy, easy to maintain and economical to run--even more so with the Toner Value Kit.
This is a perfect option for large workgroups, with built-in Ethernet and auto-duplexing. As for speeds, we managed 18ppm in colour and, thanks to the 2400 x 600dpi resolution, prints looked spot-on. If only you didn't have to buy an extra paper tray to get support beyond the measly 250-page input.
Vendors have been talking about the colour printing revolution in offices for ages but, in truth, it's never been cost-effective or quick enough. Konica Minolta might be about to change all that with this machine.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical Requirements Architect - NV1ACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTeam AssistantVIC
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTOSS Developer - BPM (Business Process Manager) SMEVIC
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW