First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Ergonomic adjustment options
- Only USB 1.1 ports and not 2.0, text display could be better
Physical adjustments and user-friendly settings increase the value of this good--but not spectacular--monitor.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 8 stores)
LaCie's first 19" LCD, the Photon19vision, has the features you'd expect from years of experience in monitor-making--and with good reason. Devotees of LG displays may recognise the LightView screen presets, which address not only the type of image on view, but also the ambient lighting conditions. The plain-language labels, such as Day/Text and Night/Photo, can be very useful for users who want to optimise their monitor for particular tasks and don't think of colour temperature in terms of Kelvins.
Though the Photon19vision's cabinet and stand are a distinctive dark blue, its ergonomic adjustment options stand out among its physical attributes. The height-adjustable screen can tilt, swivel left and right, and pivot. PivotPro software is included. Two USB 1.1 ports are likely to come in handy, though they may not be as useful as faster USB 2.0 ports for newer devices.
Rich colour, especially on a photo of a fruit tart, helped the Photon19vision gain a Very Good rating for graphics. It rendered our photo of people well, though some jurors noticed loss of detail in the darkest and lightest areas of the photo. Fuzzy detail in Microsoft Word and Excel documents resulted in only a Good text rating.
Latest News Articles
- Teen arrested in Heartbleed attack against Canadian tax site
- A look at the world's most powerful X-ray laser
- IBM profit falls on weak hardware sales, transition costs
- Google revenue jumps 19 per cent but still disappoints
- AT&T wearables to hit the smartwatch runway soon
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 3 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 4 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 5 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Monitors View all »
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Notebooks View all »
- Home Entertainment View all »
- Digital Video View all »