- Ergonomic adjustment options
- Only USB 1.1 ports and not 2.0, text display could be better
Physical adjustments and user-friendly settings increase the value of this good--but not spectacular--monitor.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
LaCie's first 19" LCD, the Photon19vision, has the features you'd expect from years of experience in monitor-making--and with good reason. Devotees of LG displays may recognise the LightView screen presets, which address not only the type of image on view, but also the ambient lighting conditions. The plain-language labels, such as Day/Text and Night/Photo, can be very useful for users who want to optimise their monitor for particular tasks and don't think of colour temperature in terms of Kelvins.
Though the Photon19vision's cabinet and stand are a distinctive dark blue, its ergonomic adjustment options stand out among its physical attributes. The height-adjustable screen can tilt, swivel left and right, and pivot. PivotPro software is included. Two USB 1.1 ports are likely to come in handy, though they may not be as useful as faster USB 2.0 ports for newer devices.
Rich colour, especially on a photo of a fruit tart, helped the Photon19vision gain a Very Good rating for graphics. It rendered our photo of people well, though some jurors noticed loss of detail in the darkest and lightest areas of the photo. Fuzzy detail in Microsoft Word and Excel documents resulted in only a Good text rating.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- LG to unveil curved ultrawide monitor at IFA
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC