Leadtek My DigiBank
- No power cables needed
- Not as small as USB drive, small capacity, no security
With larger capacity USB flash drives available, that are both smaller and cheaper, it’s hard to recommend the DigiBank as a viable storage alternative.
Price$ 165.00 (AUD)
The LeadTek My DigiBank is a small 1.5GB external hard drive with a USB2.0 connection,that is designed for storing personal data. With its square design and USB swing connector, we couldn't help but be reminded of the 30GB LaCie Skwarim - although the Skwarim was created by an award winning designer and the DigiBank designers haven't worried too much about aesthetics at all.
Like the Skwarim, the USB connector swings out, but doesn't come out very far, meaning its very much up to the location of your USB port and associated devices as to whether you can use the DigiBank as is, or have to carry along the supplied USB extension cable. (Due to the presence of other USB devices, we had to use the USB cable to plug in the DigiBank to our test PC for example). Another common factor with the Skwarim is the lack of any need for power cables, as the unit conveniently draws power from the USB socket.
Measuring 78 x 54 x 13mm and weighing 70g, the DigiBank is both small and light, but we think still too big. At $165, the DigiBank is also quite expensive, when you consider you could pick up a 2GB USB flash drive for around $100. USB drives also have the advantage of both being smaller and more durable then external hard drives, as they have less moving parts. It's easy to hook up a USB drive to a key ring and carry it around, but not really practical to do so with the DigiBank.
Another concern with this unit is the lack of any security. Many external drives these days ship with password protection at least or biometric scans at an advanced level. In case your drive gets lost or stolen, at least you have the peace of mind of knowing your confidential data is cannot be accessed.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- New, colourful LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTDevOps - Web AdministratorQLD
- FTArcFM/Gis Lead DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem Support ConsultantNSW
- TPSystems ManagerQLD
- FTArcFM DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Strategist and AdvisorNSW
- CCService Desk Analyst - TelcoTAS
- TPSenior .NET Developer - Contract roleWA
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior C++ .Net DeveloperWA
- TPBusiness Analyst/Project MangerVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPProject Manager - Digital Banking ProjectQLD
- FTSenior ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Project Manager. Ciritical permanent roleNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTeam and Project AdministratorQLD
- FTFinancial ERP Customer - Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Digital & agileNSW
- CCSystems EngineerACT