First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Leadtek WinFast A400 6800 GT
- Great software bundle, strong performance
A great software bundle eases the sticker shock, but there are other cards that perform similarly for a lower price
Price$ 990.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 5 stores)
This AGP offering from Leadtek is based on the GeForce 6800 GT, and it requires a fair bit of hardware to keep it cool. Leadtek has employed a large (but relatively quiet) fan, which sits on a thick copper heat sink that encompasses the both GPU and memory chips. As a result, it's a rather heavy card, yet it does not have a double-thickness bracket (like the 6800 Ultra version of this card does). Its performance was very similar to other similarly configured 6800GT cards.
This card is very, very expensive. It does, however, have plenty of bundled software that includes several commercial games, muVee autoProducer and other titles. It also has video-in capabilities, which can be used to capture video from an external source such as a VCR.
The card installed faultlessly on our test system and was very stable throughout testing. It is a well engineered card with a good software bundle, but its price is rather high.
Latest News Articles
- US lawmaker asks FTC to probe implications of Facebook 'big data' experiment
- TP-Link Archer D7 AC1750 Wireless Modem Router
- Google, Dropbox band together to fight patent trolls
- IBM rethinking decades-old computer design with $US3 billion investment
- Microsoft settles with No-IP in botnet hunt, after seizing its domains
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 Nokia’s flagship Lumia 930 on sale 11 July in Australia
- 5 Major updates coming to Google’s Chromecast
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- FTService Operations DirectorNZ
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- CCL2 Technical Engineer - RightFaxVIC
- FTRelationship/Partnerships ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Development DirectorNZ
- FTHead of Service ExperienceNZ
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- CCeFinance Change ManagerNSW