Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 laptop
Lenovo IdeaPad Y570: A 15.6in notebook with decent specs and plenty of style
Lenovo's IdeaPad Y570 looks stylish thanks to a brushed lid and two-tone colour scheme, and it also houses a decent configuration that's suitable for everyday office and Web tasks, and even tougher multimedia tasks.
|Display technology||LED-backlit LCD|
|Graphics card||NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M|
|Discrete graphics card?||Yes|
|CPU type||Intel Core i7|
|Processor type||Intel Core i7-2670QM|
|Hard drive interface||SATA|
|Hard drive type||Hard drive|
|Supported memory media||SD|
|Webcam resolution (megapixels)||2|
|Wi-Fi (wireless networking)||Yes|
|Wireless technology supported||Bluetooth, Wireless 802.11b, Wireless 802.11g, Wireless 802.11n|
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 2 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 3 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 4 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
- 5 Medion Akoya MD99410 (E1232T) touchscreen laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- FCC: Some TV stations could earn huge dollars in spectrum auction
- Hurry! Wait! Go! Joomla stumbles with patch for serious vulnerability
- Microsoft weaves around Office bloat complaints with Sway authoring tool
- Google bows to pressure, removes news snippets from German search results
- OpenVPN servers can be vulnerable to Shellshock Bash vulnerability
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.