First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Lenovo ThinkPad T420s laptop
A solid and reliable notebook for serious users
The Lenovo ThinkPad T420s offers plenty of processing power and features that make it a good choice for a busy office. It's well built, feels solid, and it offers respectable battery life and power management.
|Display technology||LED-backlit LCD|
|Graphics card||Intel HD Graphics 3000|
|Graphics card type||Integrated|
|Optical media supported||CD, DVD|
|DVD drive type||Read and write|
|CPU type||Intel Core i5|
|Processor type||Intel Core i5-2520M|
|Operating system||Windows 7 Professional|
|Hard drive interface||SATA|
|Hard drive type||Hard drive|
|Supported memory media||SD|
|Webcam resolution (megapixels)||0.9|
|Number of USB 2.0 ports||3|
|Number of USB 3.0 ports:||1|
|Wired Terminals / Ports||3.5mm headphone jack, DisplayPort, Microphone, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, VGA (D-sub)|
|Wi-Fi (wireless networking)||Yes|
|Wireless technology supported||Wireless 802.11b, Wireless 802.11g, Wireless 802.11n|
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Galaxy S5 specs appear online with Quad HD display
- Oracle may get second chance to prove Google infringed on Java copyrights
- The Moore's Law blowout sale is ending, Broadcom's CTO says
- Core wars redux: Intel to ship 15-core chip
- Careers site Glassdoor raises $50M, plans to grow staff, expand abroad
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 5 Samsung’s 2013 Smart TVs: everything you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Desktop PCsView all »
- Servers & StorageView all »
- Software and ServicesView all »