Lenovo ThinkPad T420s laptop
A solid and reliable notebook for serious users
The Lenovo ThinkPad T420s offers plenty of processing power and features that make it a good choice for a busy office. It's well built, feels solid, and it offers respectable battery life and power management.
Buy now (Selling at 4 stores)
- 43R1967 Thinkpad X300 6 Cell Li-Lon Battery (43... 171.98
|Display technology||LED-backlit LCD|
|Graphics card||Intel HD Graphics 3000|
|Graphics card type||Integrated|
|Optical media supported||CD, DVD|
|DVD drive type||Read and write|
|CPU type||Intel Core i5|
|Processor type||Intel Core i5-2520M|
|Operating system||Windows 7 Professional|
|Hard drive interface||SATA|
|Hard drive type||Hard drive|
|Supported memory media||SD|
|Webcam resolution (megapixels)||0.9|
|Number of USB 2.0 ports||3|
|Number of USB 3.0 ports:||1|
|Wired Terminals / Ports||3.5mm headphone jack, DisplayPort, Microphone, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, VGA (D-sub)|
|Wi-Fi (wireless networking)||Yes|
|Wireless technology supported||Wireless 802.11b, Wireless 802.11g, Wireless 802.11n|
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Symantec identifies sophisticated, stealthy 'Regin' malware
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC