Lexar Media Jumpdrive Secure II Plus
- Nifty storage meter, encryption
- Not super-fast
If the fastest write speeds aren't crucial, but you're looking for good build quality and security features, then the Lexar Jump Drive Secure II Plus is for you.
Price$ 44.93 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
At first glance the Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus looks like a thermometer with a sleek black design. The Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus has a nifty 10-bar meter that shows the available storage space even when this USB flash drive is unplugged from the PC.
Once we plugged it the drive into our PC, its performance was comparable to other drives we've tested. The Lexar is compatible with Windows Vista, XP and Mac OS X.
The 4GB Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus recorded an average read speed of 18.88 megabytes per second and an average write speed of 7.32MBps.
We were impressed with the bundled software, which allows you to password-protect multiple areas on the drive (known as Encrypted Vaults) and utilise 256-bit AES encryption to encrypt data.
The Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus comes bundled with File Shredder software and a two-year limited warranty.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- GlobalFoundries to take over IBM's semiconductor unit in $1.3 billion deal
- Apple's iCloud targeted in man-in-the-middle attack in China
- 3D-printed gun maker draws jail term in Japan
- Google Nexus 9 pre-sales start at $479
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW