Lexar Media Jumpdrive Secure II Plus
- Nifty storage meter, encryption
- Not super-fast
If the fastest write speeds aren't crucial, but you're looking for good build quality and security features, then the Lexar Jump Drive Secure II Plus is for you.
Price$ 44.93 (AUD)
At first glance the Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus looks like a thermometer with a sleek black design. The Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus has a nifty 10-bar meter that shows the available storage space even when this USB flash drive is unplugged from the PC.
Once we plugged it the drive into our PC, its performance was comparable to other drives we've tested. The Lexar is compatible with Windows Vista, XP and Mac OS X.
The 4GB Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus recorded an average read speed of 18.88 megabytes per second and an average write speed of 7.32MBps.
We were impressed with the bundled software, which allows you to password-protect multiple areas on the drive (known as Encrypted Vaults) and utilise 256-bit AES encryption to encrypt data.
The Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus comes bundled with File Shredder software and a two-year limited warranty.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
- What one company learned from testing Intel's superfast Optane SSDs
- New, colourful LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Knowledge Management Project - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTC# DeveloperQLD
- TPAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- TPSenior iOS EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC