Lexar Media Jumpdrive Secure II Plus
- Nifty storage meter, encryption
- Not super-fast
If the fastest write speeds aren't crucial, but you're looking for good build quality and security features, then the Lexar Jump Drive Secure II Plus is for you.
Price$ 44.93 (AUD)
At first glance the Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus looks like a thermometer with a sleek black design. The Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus has a nifty 10-bar meter that shows the available storage space even when this USB flash drive is unplugged from the PC.
Once we plugged it the drive into our PC, its performance was comparable to other drives we've tested. The Lexar is compatible with Windows Vista, XP and Mac OS X.
The 4GB Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus recorded an average read speed of 18.88 megabytes per second and an average write speed of 7.32MBps.
We were impressed with the bundled software, which allows you to password-protect multiple areas on the drive (known as Encrypted Vaults) and utilise 256-bit AES encryption to encrypt data.
The Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus comes bundled with File Shredder software and a two-year limited warranty.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 2 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apple Watch under scrutiny for privacy by Connecticut attorney general
- 'Tiny banker' malware targets US financial institutions
- Data loss detection tool mines the ephemeral world of 'pastes'
- Wi-Fi group acts to simplify peer-to-peer video, printing and other tasks
- Facebook open sources its mcrouter data-caching tool
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.