- Quiet printing, good quality colour scans, user friendly
- Poor print and copy quality
While this unit has plenty of great features, we were disappointed by its print and photocopy quality. Photo printing may require a little fiddling in an image editor beforehand to get the colour balance correct.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
This good-looking Lexmark model has plenty of user-friendly features. It has a colour LCD, a memory card reader and supports PictBridge.
Its paper rests are permanently attached to the unit, which means that there are no extra fiddly bits when it comes time to set it up. It relies on a two-cartridge print system and does not have individual ink tanks for each colour. The machine has an internal space for a spare ink cartridge, and the scanner bed also has a cool little light indicating which way the paper should be placed for scanning.
During testing, this model was fairly quiet. We found the quality of the prints from the Lexmark to be a little biased to yellow and we also noticed banding in many areas of colour gradations. Because of this, photos may require some adjustment in an image editor before printing. Text printing was excellent though, with crisp and dark characters printing out in normal mode, while quick mode produced grey, yet very readable, characters.
In our tests, colour scans of glossy photos proved to be very detailed, with accurate colour tones. Greyscale images from our art book lacked detail, however, and even though we enabled the descreen filter to remove patterns produced by the source material, the scan suffered from these patterns throughout. OCR software also ships with the MFP and its results were excellent during our tests.
Photocopying text in normal mode produced copies that were quite sharp and easy to read, and only slightly lighter in tone than our original document. Colour photocopies were plagued by banding and colour issues, however, and took a very long time to complete.
The P6250 excels in user-friendliness. Its control panel has large buttons and clear labels for all the copy and scan functions, and the LCD makes it easy to print photos directly from the memory card reader. The supplied PC software, Lexmark Imaging Studio, offers an easy task-based interface for printing, scanning, copying and faxing (assuming your PC has a fax-modem).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- HP gives Moonshot server its first Xeon chip
- Australian ISP stands up to filmmakers hunting pirates
- Panasonic tries tablet service for assisted living homes
- What Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg said in Mandarin that so impressed the Chinese
- Motorola Moto 360: On sale 31 October for $329
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW