Lexmark T652n mono laser printer
A fast but expensive black and white laser printer from Lexmark
- Fast, text quality is great
- Expensive, poor graphics printing, poor printed documentation
Lexmark's T652n has almost everything you'd want in a high-volume printer. Its few omissions, however, (particularly the absence of a duplexer) make its price seem excessive.
Buy now (Selling at 6 stores)
- T650a11p Black Toner Cartridge (7k Pages) 204.79
- Brand Lexmark T652dn Monochrome Laser Printer 164 429.00
- T650a11p T65x Return Program Print Cartridge, 7... 196.75
Lexmark's T652n monochrome laser printer combines a speedy engine, lots of paper capacity, and a vast array of paper-handling options. But in view of its high price, it seems a bit skimpily configured. (We have the same complaint about its similarly priced competitor, the HP LaserJet P4014n.)
Although the T652n didn't come anywhere near delivering Lexmark's promised top speed of 48 pages per minute (ppm) in our tests, it was still fast. Plain-text pages printed at a swift rate of 38.2ppm and graphics exited at 7ppm, a solid mid-range speed. Text quality was great, but the graphical images we printed — from high-resolution photos to pie charts and line art — looked poor even for monochrome laser output: dark and rough.
The Lexmark T652n comes with a 550-sheet main input tray and a 100-sheet multipurpose tray, plus a 350-sheet output tray. All components are sturdy and nicely designed. If you need more, you can take your pick from a laundry list of options, including 250-sheet and 550-sheet input trays, envelope feeders, staplers and mailbox units. One of the few things this printer can't handle is duplexing — not even as an option; for that, you must buy its cousin, the Lexmark T652dn.
The boxy unit's other features are appealing, too. The Lexmark T652n connects via USB or Ethernet; a front USB port accommodates direct input from a key drive. The intuitively designed control panel includes a four-line, backlit monochrome LCD that shows simple graphics as well as clearly written text messages and context-sensitive help.
Toner costs for the Lexmark T652n show some compassion for high-volume offices, and it gave pretty average price-per-page figures for a high-volume monochrome laser printer in our tests.
In contrast to Lexmark's usually excellent documentation, the T652n's poster-size setup guide employs a largely a wordless format with illustrations that sometimes are too small to understand clearly, or lack key details. The PDF-based user guide is up to Lexmark's usual high standard.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Oracle's Larry Ellison isn't done building his legacy
- Ericsson's WebRTC browser available for download from the App Store
- HP to jolt 3D printer market
- Starbucks says 1 in 6 payments already mobile
- HP's radical new Machine could start computing by 2016
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW