- Sleek design, wide range of ergonomic adjustments, clear images
- The base design limits height adjustment.
LG's Flatron L1980Q blends stylish design with a fast pixel response time and outstanding image quality. A top-notch monitor for all-round use.
Price$ 1,199.00 (AUD)
LG's flagship 19" panel features sleek, elegant design packed with features. The L1980Q features an 8ms pixel response time that makes it great for all-round use, from working, to watching video or playing games. It handles fast-paced action extremely well, and is a delight for high-speed gaming.
Its 1280 x 1024 pixel screen resolution is standard for 19" displays, and the image is clear and bright. The L1980Q employs LG's Flatron f-Engine, which is a purpose-built chip, designed to enhance images. The f-Engine includes DAFI (digital adaptive fine image), which adjusts the brightness and contrast of displayed images to improve quality. It doesn't affect colour balance, just the brightness and contrast, but it makes a difference; pictures seem to pop off the screen.
Both VGA and DVI inputs are provided, with the latter providing a slightly cleaner image. LG claims a 160-degree viewing angle on the L1980Q, but the image washes out slightly from extremely oblique angles.
The unit measures a respectable 42 x 41 x 26cm and weighs in at a touch over 5kg, but the stand is a more noteworthy feature. The base includes two hinges that allow the screen to swing through an enormous range of positions, which in turn provides comprehensive ergonomic adjustment. The screen can't be raised very high, but it can be folded back on itself, rotated through 180-degrees to portrait mode, or even flipped. A VESA wall-mount is also thrown in, so the entire unit can be fixed if desired.
The package includes forteManager software to calibrate the monitor. It's easy to use and provides quick, effective adjustments to the on-screen image. It takes a lot of the pain out of navigating the on-screen menu, and is a welcome feature for those that don't want to mess around for hours tweaking settings.
The LCD panel is rated to last 50,000 hours, which should see it easily last over a couple of upgrade cycles. A three-year warranty is also provided as standard, topping off a stellar product.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Pew survey shows women bear brunt of online harassment
- EMC buys controlling interest in VCE, its joint venture with Cisco
- Amazon takes aim at Microsoft's Active Directory with new service
- Android ransomware 'Koler' turns into a worm, spreads via SMS
- Bite into your music with jaw-controlled iPhone player
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW