- Multimedia features, display
Our only real gripe with the machine is the one-year warranty as standard - although your local retailer may be able to extend it themselves.
Price$ 3,990.00 (AUD)
LG balances professional appearance with home theatre-like multimedia features in the LW70 series. This model certainly benefits from being based on the updated Intel Centrino platform, but LG has added some nice touches of its own.
The 17.1" screen (powered by an ATI Mobility Radeon X600) looks a treat. It's great for productivity at work (along with the dedicated keyboard number pad), but also great for watching movies.
On that subject, the LW70 has the ability to play DVD movies and CD audio without booting up into Windows. A remote control is included (that can also be used for presentations) and it can hide away in the spare PC Card slot. You also get S/PDIF digital audio-out, a small subwoofer and S-Video TV-out.
The LW70 is light and delivers above average (although not best-in-class) performance and battery life.
The four-in-one card reader (SD, MMC, Memory Stick and Memory Stick PRO) and DVD writer are perfect for transporting information. Networking is covered off with a 56Kbps modem, Ethernet port and 802.11b/g Wi-Fi. There's also support for one PC Card and one Express Card Type II.
Our only real problem with the machine was the one-year standard warranty, but your local retailer may be able to offer you an extended period.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Latest News Articles
- Razer's revamped Blade Pro laptop marries a GeForce GTX 1080 with 4K G-Sync
- Tobii's new eye tracker adds head tracking with an emphasis on PC games
- Apple to announce new Macs at a special event October 27
- HP Omen 17 review: Great gaming performance at a great price
- Acer's swanky Swift 7 launches as the thinnest laptop ever
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- CCContract Programmer (.Net/SQL) 161027/P/vhaAsia
- TPProject Manager. AutomationNSW
- FTProject Lead / Business Analyst | SalesforceQLD
- TPSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist SQL & Sybase DBAVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - AgileVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - IPVPN Edge and Internet EdgeVIC
- CCDynamics AX Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia