The Logic3 Pro-Dock offers video streaming from your iPod to your television, but the quality is questionable.
- Compact design, streams video and audio from your iPod to your television
- Video quality limited by iPod, sound quality suffers from limited frequency response range
Although the Logic3 ProDock is an excellent idea (a dock that displays movies from your iPod on your TV), it is limited by the iPod's inability to store videos at a high enough resolution for modern televisions. Add to this the limited frequency response range and you have a disappointing iPod dock.
The Logic3 Pro-Dock is an iPod dock that lets you stream video to a television using composite and component video out ports.
It has an interesting design and is quite small. The piano-black plastic casing has a gunmetal grey trim and the Logic3 logo on the front lights up when the dock is turned on. An extended base-plate gives the whole Logic3 Pro-Dock a little extra stability.
The Pro-Dock is light and therefore easy to bring along when travelling, but it requires external power to operate and charge connected iPods. It also has a mini-USB port that lets you connect to a computer for synchronising data.
The composite and component video out ports on the back of the iPod dock allow you to play movies and image slideshows stored on the iPod. Although it sounds like a simple premise, very few iPod docks are able to do this. The Cygnett Unison i-XT iPod dock offers S-Video out, but the ports offered by the Logic3 Pro-Dock are more common on many LCD and plasma TVs.
Unfortunately the iPod's inability to store movies with a resolution above 680x480 means that if you connect the iPod device and Logic3 Pro-Dock to a large screen television, the pixelation makes videos difficult to enjoy. You'll only be able to use this feature if you own an iPhone 3G, an iPod touch (Second Generation), an Apple iPod nano (fourth generation) / Apple iPod nano (3rd Generation), an Apple iPod classic or an Apple iPod (Updated 5th Generation).
The Logic3 Pro-Dock lacks speakers, so all sound comes through the television or speakers connected via the stereo analog RCA ports. The frequency response range is a disappointing 80Hz-16KHz, which cuts off a lot of the treble and lower range sound. We often found that treble sounded squashed and indistinct. The lack of a line-in for the dock also means that only iPods are compatible with the Pro-Dock.
This iPod dock is portable and versatile. Unfortunately, the quality of the audio and video output is less than impressive.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCyber Security ArchitectNSW
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL Server BI DeveloperQLD
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCBPM Technical AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- FTInfrastructure Security Compliance OfficerNSW
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- TPICT Contracts Compliance ManagerWA
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer/ Network AdministratorQLD
- FTData AnalystQLD
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperNSW