Logic3 Solar Charger - PSP
- PSP Style design, comes with a case, works as advertised.
- 1 hour battery life.
If you want a quick and easy solution backup battery solution for your handheld gaming devices, look no further than the Logic3 solar charger.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 9 stores)
There is nothing worse than getting up to the final level of your game and the battery dying just as you deliver the killer blow. With the PSP, stating that the battery life is poor is an understatement. Logic3 has come up with a great idea in the PSP Solar Charger. This deceptively named product is actually a Lithium Ion Battery with a solar panel on the exterior which draws power from the sun and stores it to be used at a later date.
When we first saw this product we were a little dumbfounded. The name suggests it's a charger to be used with the PSP but the directions of the PSP clearly state the product is not to be left in the sun and the screen is unplayable in any kind of sunlight. When we discovered that it was in fact a battery, the relevance of the product increased dramatically. Being able to have a backup battery for the PSP is not only extremely useful but also rather desirable too.
We tested the solar panels and found them quite adequate. Essentially, the product did what it said it would. The battery lasts for about an hour, giving the gamer that added stretch of play when the battery gives up the ghost. However, there is no indicator which lets the user know when the batter is fully charged so our assessment is based on an assumption that the battery was fully charged when we tested its performance.
The device comes with a sturdy case which houses not only the unit but also the accompanying PSP as well. The pack has two different power connectors to use with the unit, one for the PSP and another for the Nintendo DS. While this is marketed toward the PSP it is good to see that the DS users aren't being forgotten.
The PSP Solar Charger is slightly too expensive perhaps, but only when compared to its nearest competitor which is a mobile phone battery which retails at roughly $70. If you want a quick and easy solution backup battery solution for your handheld gaming devices, look no further.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft to discontinue free Xbox Music streaming
- Vietnam police hunt hackers behind mass outage
- Toshiba expands mobility offerings
- Apple to stop SSL 3.0 support for push notifications soon
- Xiaomi moving data outside China following privacy concerns
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW