Logitech V450 Nano
Wireless laser mouse with a tiny receiver
- Design, comfortable, tiny USB receiver
- A little heavy, Bluetooth connectivity may be more appealing
The V450 Nano is ideal if you are after a basic notebook mouse and its long battery life makes it especially appealing for frequent travellers.
Price$ 79.00 (AUD)
Designed specifically for notebooks, the V450 Nano boasts laser precision for smooth curser control and an ergonomic design with rubber side grips. Best of all, this compact mouse has a USB receiver barely larger than a coin.
Aesthetically, the V450 Nano is largely unremarkable but it’s a comfortable mouse to use. The rubber side grips are a welcome inclusion, while the curves and general design of this mouse make it effortless to grip. It is a little heavy with batteries installed, but this isn’t really an issue during general use.
The mouse requires two AA batteries, which are included in the package. The batteries aren’t rechargeable, but Logitech claims a 12-month battery life if you switch the mouse off when you aren't using it. We had no way of testing this claim; for frequent users a set of rechargeable alkaline batteries would probably be a wise investment.
A neat feature of the V450 is its receiver. About the size of a 10 cent coin, the Nano receiver has been designed to plug into your notebook permanently so the mouse can always be ready to use. Its size makes it ideal for regular travellers. Conveniently, you can also store the receiver in a small compartment inside the mouse itself — a handy feature considering its size and the fact that it could easily be lost. However, most notebooks come with Bluetooth connectivity, so a wireless Bluetooth mouse may be more appealing because you won't need to plug in a receiver. The V450 has left and right buttons and a scroll-wheel button. The scroll-wheel is comfortable and has slight resistance, so it’s not too smooth. The left and right buttons are easy to press and tactility is fair.
Although Logitech includes a CD in the sales package, there is no need for software to be installed as this is a plug and play device. Once you plug in the USB receiver and turn on the mouse you are up and running in a matter of seconds. The included SetPoint software does allow customisation of the buttons and the scroll wheel, though.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel profit falls as PC slump continues
- Mac users exposed by zero-day vulnerability
- Intel shows first Skylake tablet
- USB 3.1 set to reach desktops
- Hands-on with AMD's FreeSync: The technology that could kill Nvidia's G-Sync
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW