Logitech Washable Keyboard K310
This keyboard is great if you're prone to eating and spilling at your computer, but it's not comfortable to use
- Easy to clean
- Uncomfortable to use
- Can take a while to dry
Logitech's Washable Keyboard K310 can be cleaned gently with a brush or submerged in water and scrubbed. It's great for anyone who needs a washable keyboard for a dirty work environment, but it's not very comfortable to use due to spaced keys and somewhat poor sensitivity.
Price$ 49.00 (AUD)
On the surface, the Logitech Washable Keyboard K310 sounds like a great idea. With so much dust and dirt regularly falling between the gaps on keyboards, it would make life easier to just throw your keyboard under a running tap and wash it away.
But putting ideas into practical products is the hard part, and Logitech seems to have missed a couple of things.
Firstly, the keys have a wide spacing, making it difficult for those of you who don’t touch type. After only a couple of hours of use, we felt a muscle strain in the hand from using the product, attributable to having to stretch out our fingers to reach keys.
Due to the spacing of the keys and their sensitivity, we made more frequent typos with this keyboard than when we used a regular keyboard. Repeated use of the keyboard didn’t really help to lessen typos either. The keys feel foreign — from the way they press down to the sound they make when you type. Even after a solid week of use, we weren't able to get used to it and found the constant typos annoying.
However, Logitech has been smart with some design features. The raised profile of the keys means food doesn’t fall in between the gaps when you eat at your desk and the small brush which is provided with the keyboard easily brushes away dust.
The keyboard is also easy to wash, and that's the main selling point — it can be submerged in up to 11 inches of water. Running our hands along the letters on the keyboard, all dirt and dust came off the keyboard without us having to scrub it; but you could scrub it if you wanted to since the key characters are laser printed and UV-coated so they won't fade away.
Following the instructions in the manual, it's annoying that the keyboard needs to be left to dry for at least eight hours after a wash — if it’s the only keyboard you have, the only option for washing it is at the end of the day and leaving it to dry overnight.
It’s a shame that the Logitech Washable Keyboard isn’t easier to use. If Logitech could make it more comfortable to use, it would be a great product for homes and offices.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Intel's Skylake vPro chips will support Windows 7 after all
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- The first PC hardware based on Intel's itty-bitty new mini-STX motherboards appear
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW