Suitable for occasional use. LogMeIn also allows you to view a personal email archived in your Outlook folder.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
LogMeIn is very simple and easy to use and is an ideal service for less experienced users. Once you've downloaded the software, getting started takes just a few minutes. Registration is quick and painless.
Provided your remote PC is switched on, you'll be able to access it at logmein.com; simply enter your Windows username and password. The user interface is simple to use and clearly laid out.
We had no trouble accessing the files stored on our target system. At the touch of a button we could both open programs and edit documents. We were even able to play videos and hear system sounds from the remote machine. LogMeIn also allowed us to print files from our local machine.
LogMeIn's File Manager makes it easy to transfer even large files to and from either system - an 18MB file took just under five minutes to transfer. LogMeIn features a Mini Meeting and Sharing function. These services can only be used from the target system, but allowed us to offer our colleagues remote access to our desktop in order to share files.
Struggling for Christmas presents this year? Check out our Christmas Gift Guide for some top tech suggestions and more.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HP Stream 11 laptop
- 2 Acer Chromebook 11 (CB3-111)
- 3 Asus Zenbook UX303LN Ultrabook
- 4 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 5 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Messaging app Line buys Microsoft's MixRadio music-streaming app
- Vulnerability in embedded Web server exposes millions of routers to hacking
- From M2M to IoT: Old industries have to learn new tricks
- Amazon Web Services updates console to simplify management
- Uber driver in Boston area faces rape charges
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.