Microsoft Digital Image Suite 10
Price$ 189.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 5 stores)
Another contender in photo editing software more involved than basic tools bundled with a camera is Microsoft's Digital Image Suite.
The core of this year's upgrade is Digital Image Library 10, a photo organiser that looks a lot like Windows XP's Explorer. It lets you easily upload your shots, rate them with up to five stars, flag them for future attention, label them with captions, and assign key words for easy categorisation.
When you're ready to begin editing your photos, you launch Digital Image Pro 10. Microsoft arranges the tools logically and a set of Auto Fix commands makes completing basic changes easy. Tasks such as red-eye removal and panoramic stitching require little user intervention. Digital Image Pro provides fewer options and complex commands than competitors such as Adobe's Photoshop Elements and Jasc's Paint Shop Pro, but what you do get generally works very well.
The app's simplicity can be a bit limiting, however. For example, unlike most editors Digital Image Pro 10 will let you work on only one image at a time, so you can't try out different edits on side-by-side copies of the same. This is a solid package, particularly for photographers ready to step up from basic image editing software. Advanced users however, may not appreciate the way the suite's ease of use masks some control limitations.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Top 30 AWS cloud services
- Update to Google Docs, Sheets, Slides lets them automatically save recent files offline
- The speed you need: Pyne and Albanese clash on NBN
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC