Microsoft Digital Image Suite 10
Price$ 189.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 5 stores)
Another contender in photo editing software more involved than basic tools bundled with a camera is Microsoft's Digital Image Suite.
The core of this year's upgrade is Digital Image Library 10, a photo organiser that looks a lot like Windows XP's Explorer. It lets you easily upload your shots, rate them with up to five stars, flag them for future attention, label them with captions, and assign key words for easy categorisation.
When you're ready to begin editing your photos, you launch Digital Image Pro 10. Microsoft arranges the tools logically and a set of Auto Fix commands makes completing basic changes easy. Tasks such as red-eye removal and panoramic stitching require little user intervention. Digital Image Pro provides fewer options and complex commands than competitors such as Adobe's Photoshop Elements and Jasc's Paint Shop Pro, but what you do get generally works very well.
The app's simplicity can be a bit limiting, however. For example, unlike most editors Digital Image Pro 10 will let you work on only one image at a time, so you can't try out different edits on side-by-side copies of the same. This is a solid package, particularly for photographers ready to step up from basic image editing software. Advanced users however, may not appreciate the way the suite's ease of use masks some control limitations.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Pirate website blocking: Court to wrestle with definition of ‘online location’
- Not too late to change NBN’s direction, NBN Co’s first CEO says
- Zapier's automation tools integrate with Excel to make spreadsheets less tedious
- Australian broadband speeds set to lag world by 2020
- Microsoft wages war on 'crapware' with new Windows 10 tool
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCiOS developerNSW
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC