Microsoft Messenger 7
Microsoft has announced its new free Messenger 7.0 software, releasing the final product along with the finished version of an online scrapbook service it has been testing, MSN Spaces.
With MSN Messenger 7.0, Microsoft wants to equal and better other IM software through its own free PC-to-PC video calls for users with a Web cam, in addition to free voice calls. The video call feature uses technology from Web cam maker Logitech to synchronise audio and video streams. Users can watch a video in the Messenger window or get up close and personal in full-screen mode. We also liked that in addition to including a variety of interface improvements, MSN Messenger 7.0 also now lets users search chats, automatically let people know what they're listening to, trade scribbled notes, send new flash-based winks, nudges and more. Microsoft also plans to incorporate a feature in coming months that will allow Messenger users to send messages to friends' mobile phones.
MSN Spaces, an online scrapbook, lets users post blogs, photo albums, music lists and other personalised information. Introduced in beta form in December, MSN Spaces now offers more storage space - allowing users to post around 750 photos - and a variety of backgrounds and personalisation options.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- OK Google, let's get personal
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCResource AnalystNSW
- TPLevel 2-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSAP APO ConsultantNSW
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTAEM Technology Lead - Blue Chip companyNSW
- FTIT/Digital Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- CCTest Analyst - Oracle CC&BVIC
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- FTTester AnalystACT