Office Web Apps
Our first impression of Office Web Apps is fairly good. But Google Docs has been delivering similar functionality for a while now, and there's nothing groundbreaking about delivering document, spreadsheet and presentation software over the web. However, Office Web Apps doesn't just deliver the functionality of creating documents, spreadsheets and presentations in the cloud - it extends the Microsoft Office experience that we are all familiar with in a way that Google has yet to fully emulate.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
- Dell's OS10 aims to open up networks, then whole datacentres
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW