Microsoft Surface RT tablet review (64GB)
Microsoft's Surface RT tablet offers great hardware, sort-of-okay software
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What if Windows 10 fails?
- Acer leads growth in PC shipments
- How to test-drive Windows 8 for free in VirtualBox
- HP's hardware boss not a fan of Surface, Windows RT
- Why isn't Microsoft's answer to Siri built into Windows 8?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- CCRecruitment ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- FTTelco TechnicianNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Junior PM (ERP)ACT
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD