Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000
Designed for laptops and computing on the go, Microsoft's Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 is small and comfortable to use
- BlueTrack technology, transceiver can be stashed in the bottom of the mouse
- Nothing of note
If you're in the market for a good-looking and easy to use wireless laptop mouse, then Microsoft's Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 is an excellent buy.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
This two-button wireless mouse features a scroll wheel and an extra button located on the left-hand side. It is available in black with a complementary colour - the five colours to choose from are black, white, blue, pink and green.
The Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 is easy to set up. You install the software that comes with the device on your Windows PC, insert the provided AA battery, turn it on and then plug the wireless transceiver into a USB port.
The device features Microsoft's BlueTrack technology which claims to will work on almost any surface with the exception of glass or mirrored areas. We certainly found no problems using the mouse directly on a desk or on a mouse mat.
We loved the fact that the Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000's tiny transceiver can be stashed in the bottom of the mouse when you're on-the-go, while an on-and-off switch ensures the batteries are conserved when not in use.
Microsoft says one battery will last for 10 months, when a tiny red LED on the top of the mouse warns you that the battery is running low, reminding you to change the battery before the mouse becomes completely unusable.
We found the Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 buttons and scroll wheel were extremely sensitive, needing just the tiniest of touches to implement our command. The scroll wheel will also tilt side-to-side, allowing users to scroll side-to-side as well as up and down. Microsoft says this offers a more efficient way to navigate documents and spreadsheets and we did find this was a useful feature.
The Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 mouse also supports Windows Flip in Windows 7, which lets you see a preview of all open windows with the press of the mouse's side button.
We also liked the two top buttons and the side button were completely customisable, allowing us to assign other tasks we wanted to these buttons.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Seagate's 10TB Barracuda Pro is the world's largest consumer hard drive
- Aussie moth ball link to Quantum Computing revolution
- 3DMark Time Spy tested: We pit Radeon vs. GeForce in this major new DX12 benchmark
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC