First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
ModTech CIVIC Panaromic
- Good performance, strong battery life, good multimedia features
- Nothing notable
This is a value-priced power notebook that's well geared towards multimedia use.
Price$ 2,299.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
This is an interesting model from ModTech--a power notebook with a value price.
The design is slimline and smooth. The chassis is dark grey with silver trim. Those interested in video editing, multimedia production or even playing games would appreciate the vibrant 15.4" display (with maximum resolution of 1280 x 800) and powerful 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics processor. This, in combination with the Pentium M 745 processor and 1GB of RAM, helped the notebook achieve a 3DMark 2001 score of 10,576--an excellent score for a sub-$2500 notebook. It also achieved a PC WorldBench 5 productivity application benchmark score of 87. Battery life was quite strong too, with our tests indicating you can expect 75 minutes of battery life in a worst-case-scenario.
Multimedia buffs will also appreciate the sizable 80GB hard disk, fixed DVD-writer, four-in-one media card reader (great for use with digital cameras), S-Video TV-out, S/PDIF audio-out, three USB and single FireWire ports and the InterVideo InstantON feature allowing for quick-boot access to CD and DVD playback.
The CIVIC's keyboard is a good size and there's a scroll mechanism on the trackpad--two factors that go a long way to making this notebook quite usable during long sessions at work or play.
Being a Centrino notebook, this model also features 802.11b wireless networking (with on/off switch) plus a 56Kbps modem and Ethernet port.
Latest News Articles
- LTE network for US public safety taking it one step at a time
- Phone unlocking bill clears US House, next step is president's signature
- Oracle's new in-memory database option could spark unanticipated costs, expert warns
- Bose sues Beats over headphone patents
- SEC drops probe into Facebook's pre-IPO sales disclosures
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 19% off $399.95
- 60% off $12.99
- $1399 free shipping
- $105.91 free shipping
- $1697.65 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Servers & Storage View all »
- Software and Services View all »