Motorola MOTOPURE H12
- Classy design, ease of use, above average voice quality, included accessories
- Background noise not completely eradicated, incoming voice can distort at times
The MOTOPURE H12 is the best looking Bluetooth headset on the market. It's not all about style though, as it does a relatively fine job of handling calls.
Price$ 159.95 (AUD)
Sporting an incredibly stylish design and boasting CrystalTalk technology for noise cancellation, Motorola's MOTOPURE H12 is also comfortable and simple to use.
The H12 features CrystalTalk technology – previously only found in Motorola handsets. Motorola claims the unit uses two microphones to distinguish between your voice and background noise. The technology then adjusts the amount of noise it removes according to the environment you are in, resulting in clear, natural sounding audio. Although our caller's voice was extremely crisp and clear with notable volume levels, the H12 doesn't completely eradicate background noise – our callers still complained of minor instances in this regard. Despite this, the general quality of calls is above average.
Aesthetically, this is probably the best looking Bluetooth headset on the market. A perforated alloy bezel and diamond-cut metal finish simply oozes class, and combined with a clear and inconspicuous ear clip (which can be worn on either ear), the H12 is comfortable to wear for long periods. Motorola claims the TrueComfort ear bud design is based on two years study of the human ear and three different sized ear buds are included in the sales package.
The H12 is quite easy to use, with a single call handling button, volume controls and a power switch being the only two controls on the unit. Turning on the unit automatically puts it into pairing mode and once paired, functions are simple and easy. Press the call handling button to answer a call, hold it to reject the call, and press it again to end the call. You can also redial your last number by holding down the call button. Additional functions include activating voice dialling (provided this is supported by your phone), transferring a call from the headset to your phone and muting the microphone.
The MOTOPURE H12 comes packaged with a matching desktop charger, a convenient charging case and a shirt clip. Motorola claims a standby time of approximately 5.5 hours.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Latest News Articles
- Sleek new Galaxy S8 phones feature facial recognition, Bixby intelligent agent
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S8 features Apple should steal for iPhone 8
- HTC is reportedly releasing a new U phone that makes better use of its bezels
- Apple wins China patent battle over iPhone 6 design
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTData ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital Technologies Financial ServicesQLD
- FTFull stack Developer | 3 mth ContractVIC
- FTLinux / Unix Systems AdministratorSA
- TPInfrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCOracle WebLogic AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- CCDeployment GraduatesSA
- CCDevelopment Lead - Java - TelcoVIC
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSystem Engineer - Level 2NSW
- TPAutomation Test AnalystsQLD
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTDirector, Centre for Cyber Security SolutionsVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC
- CCProject Manager Retail Supply Chain OptimisationVIC
- CCCommunications Network EngineerWA
- CC.Net Developer - SilverlightVIC
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW