Motorola P790 Portable Charger
- Convenience factor, Can charge unit and phone simultaneously, Standard mini-USB connection
- Only works with certain handsets and accessories
The P790 is a convenient and compact accessory that could come in handy for travelers.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
If you are constantly frustrated with your mobile phone battery dying, then Motorola may have the answer. Their new P790 portable charger lets you recharge your phone without AC power. Unfortunately though, it won't work with all mobile phones.
According to Motorola figures, the P790 holds two full charges for a mobile phone and 10 for Bluetooth headsets and other accessories. The P790 uses a standard mini-USB connector, so it will work with most Motorola phones, including the MOTOKRZR K1, RAZR V3i, RAZR V3x, PEBL, SLVR L7, ROKR E1 and RAZR V3. The P790 will also work with any phone or accessory that uses a mini-USB connection to charge.
Once the charger runs out, you can juice it back up using a regular mini-USB AC adapter; most new Motorola phones include this in the sales package. Conveniently, users can charge their phone and the P790 at the same time via an adapter lead. The P790 takes two hours to fully recharge.
Despite being such a basic device, the P790 is quite stylish. It has a black rubber finish and is compact, measuring just 51.4mm x 51.4mm x 23.7mm and weighing a mere 79g. A slide up button on the front of the unit both powers on and slides out the mini-USB connector.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
- Moto Mods for the Moto Z won't be cheap, with costs ranging from US$69 to US$299
- Report: NFC tap-to-pay coming soon to Windows 10 Mobile
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia