Motorola PC850 Bluetooth USB Adapter
- Small, easy to use, fairly cheap
- Nothing to speak of
For anyone who wants a simple Bluetooth adapter, you can’t go far wrong with the PC850
Price$ 69.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
There has been a glut of USB based adapters of late; it seems there isn't anything that can't be driven by that little slot. Wireless expandability is one of the favourites, and so Motorola have launched the PC850 USB Bluetooth Adapter in their new range of mobile gadgets.
The PC850 is a simple little device. For a start it's tiny, less than 5cm long. To use the adapter, simply plug it in to an available USB slot and install the drivers from the included CD. That's it; you now have Bluetooth capability on your computer. The PC850 can then connect to any Bluetooth devices in range. Such devices could be a Bluetooth enabled phone, letting you stream music or transfer files, a wireless headset or a wireless gateway. Connecting to these devices is easy. Simply turn on your phone or headset, use Windows to search for Bluetooth devices and click connect. It couldn't be easier. For continued simplicity, Motorola has a series of compatible Bluetooth devices which work seamlessly with the PC850. This includes their HT820 wireless headphones and a wireless stereo gateway, the DC800.
It's hard to pick any faults with the PC850. Though its range is stated at 100m, we didn't manage to achieve anywhere near that in testing, but it was still more than good enough for use at home or in the office. The price tag is reasonable and we found the PC850 to be reliable. If you need a USB Bluetooth adapter, this is it.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Latest News Articles
- Google Pixel image leaked, revealing new home screen and rounded icons
- iOS 10 slower off the uptake mark
- Hands-on: Google Assistant's Allo chatbot outdoes Cortana, Siri as your digital pal
- HTC announces the Desire 10 Pro and Desire 10 Lifestyle smartphones
- Report: Samsung's overzealous efforts to beat Apple lead to battery woes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW