Motorola PC850 Bluetooth USB Adapter
- Small, easy to use, fairly cheap
- Nothing to speak of
For anyone who wants a simple Bluetooth adapter, you can’t go far wrong with the PC850
Price$ 69.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
There has been a glut of USB based adapters of late; it seems there isn't anything that can't be driven by that little slot. Wireless expandability is one of the favourites, and so Motorola have launched the PC850 USB Bluetooth Adapter in their new range of mobile gadgets.
The PC850 is a simple little device. For a start it's tiny, less than 5cm long. To use the adapter, simply plug it in to an available USB slot and install the drivers from the included CD. That's it; you now have Bluetooth capability on your computer. The PC850 can then connect to any Bluetooth devices in range. Such devices could be a Bluetooth enabled phone, letting you stream music or transfer files, a wireless headset or a wireless gateway. Connecting to these devices is easy. Simply turn on your phone or headset, use Windows to search for Bluetooth devices and click connect. It couldn't be easier. For continued simplicity, Motorola has a series of compatible Bluetooth devices which work seamlessly with the PC850. This includes their HT820 wireless headphones and a wireless stereo gateway, the DC800.
It's hard to pick any faults with the PC850. Though its range is stated at 100m, we didn't manage to achieve anywhere near that in testing, but it was still more than good enough for use at home or in the office. The price tag is reasonable and we found the PC850 to be reliable. If you need a USB Bluetooth adapter, this is it.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Is the smartphone market saturated?
- Not all Lumia smartphones will get an upgrade to Windows 10
- Motorola's revamped Moto range is coming to Australia
- OnePlus 2 goes official from $329
- Most Android phones can be hacked with a simple MMS message or multimedia file
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW