- Compact design, Ease of use and pairing, Fairly clear audio, Clip doubles as desktop stand
- Standby time could be improved
The T305 is an average, but not outstanding portable Bluetooth hands-free kit.
Price$ 139.95 (AUD)
The Motorola T305 is a Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone designed for use primarily in a car, but it can be just as easily used at home or in the office. The T305 is a compact and stylish unit that offers easy operation, a standard mini-USB port for charging and up to 14 hours of battery life.
Voice quality is the primary issue with hands-free speakerphones, and the T305 performs similarly to other products on the market, which is to say not brilliantly. We found it was fine for most of our testing, but to make best use of it, you'll need to ensure that background noise is kept to a minimum. Unlike the Supertooth Light, having a conversation while driving with the window down is difficult; the T305 works best with the window closed, where it delivers fairly clear audio.
The appeal of the T305 lies in its design and ease of use. It's a small and compact unit that uses just one main call button for most of its operations, and this also doubles as an indicator light. It glows red while charging or when the battery is low, blue when in pairing mode, flashes blue when connected and flashes purple when muted. The T305 uses a combination of these indicator lights with a number of audio tones, and the result is a unit that is simple, effective and easy to use. Making or answering a call, ending a call, and redialling a call are all as simple as pressing the call button. The only other buttons on the T305 are volume up/down (which are also used to reject calls) and a power button, located on top of the unit. The speaker sits on top of the unit and is well concealed around a silver Motorola logo.
The T305 automatically enters pairing mode when it is switched on, so pairing is as simple as finding the T305 on your phone and entering the default Bluetooth pass code (0000). If you allow your phone to do so, the T305 can automatically connect to it whenever it is switched on. Other features supported by the T305 include muting a call, putting a call on hold, toggling between two calls and voice dialling, although these are all network dependant.
Conveniently, the T305's sun-visor clip doubles as a desktop stand, and Motorola includes two of them in the box. Also included in the package is an in-car charger. Battery life is above average according to Motorola figures of up to 15 hours talk time and up to 14 days standby time.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- What’s the difference between the Canon EOS 70D and the EOS 7D Mark II?
- NSA privacy director defends agency's surveillance
- Slack now letting employers tap workers' private chats
- Google to Apps users: take more responsibility for protecting your accounts
- AMD tablet development stalls as priorities change
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW