Motorola Australia PC850 Bluetooth USB Adapter
- Small, easy to use, fairly cheap
- Nothing to speak of
For anyone who wants a simple Bluetooth adapter, you can’t go far wrong with the PC850
Price$ 69.00 (AUD)
There has been a glut of USB based adapters of late; it seems there isn't anything that can't be driven by that little slot. Wireless expandability is one of the favourites, and so Motorola have launched the PC850 USB Bluetooth Adapter in their new range of mobile gadgets.
The PC850 is a simple little device. For a start it's tiny, less than 5cm long. To use the adapter, simply plug it in to an available USB slot and install the drivers from the included CD. That's it; you now have Bluetooth capability on your computer. The PC850 can then connect to any Bluetooth devices in range. Such devices could be a Bluetooth enabled phone, letting you stream music or transfer files, a wireless headset or a wireless gateway. Connecting to these devices is easy. Simply turn on your phone or headset, use Windows to search for Bluetooth devices and click connect. It couldn't be easier. For continued simplicity, Motorola has a series of compatible Bluetooth devices which work seamlessly with the PC850. This includes their HT820 wireless headphones and a wireless stereo gateway, the DC800.
It's hard to pick any faults with the PC850. Though its range is stated at 100m, we didn't manage to achieve anywhere near that in testing, but it was still more than good enough for use at home or in the office. The price tag is reasonable and we found the PC850 to be reliable. If you need a USB Bluetooth adapter, this is it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 2 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi group acts to simplify peer-to-peer video, printing and other tasks
- Facebook open sources its mcrouter data-caching tool
- Uber doubles down on shared rides, enacts permanent pricing cut for UberX
- Bigger Apple iPhones a hit with record 4 million sold in 24 hours
- Google reports a 19% jump in US government data requests
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.