Mr Site Takeaway Website
- Simple to use, great for novices, lots of features
- It's limiting on design and structure, you can only use it once
You'll need a decent Web connection, and you can use it only once, but these are minor quibbles. Simple to use, and with more features than you have any right to expect, Takeaway Website is a winner.
Price$ 109.99 (AUD)
Takeaway Website removes the pain from designing and publishing a site. In truth there's little design involved -- you simply choose from large selections of templates and colours. It's not worth buying the boxed version, as Takeaway Website is browser based. Confusingly the box contains only useful Web utilities such as Firefox and an OnSpeed trial. Simply purchase your activation code from the Mr Site Web site and you can begin.
You'll be asked to key in your preferred domain name, and then the program finds and registers it for you. Our site was online within minutes, although it can take a day or so.
The creative process begins immediately. You select from the myriad colour and template options. As ever with designing Web sites, the biggest danger is over-complication. Fortunately, there are sufficient designs and colour schemes to create a simple, elegant site. You don't have to worry about building a structure for your site, Mr Site does this for you. Create a home page and subsequent pages will link from it. This is a touch limiting, but Takeaway Website is aimed at individuals and businesses who need a good-looking site quickly. Such people will have few complaints.
Inputting text is a cinch. There's a choice of input panes -- the more 'complicated' one has a Word-like toolbar across the top. Inputting links and images is simple, just like using any content-management system.
As with any browser-based tool you'll struggle to upload images if your Web connection's flaky. Oh, and it's a good idea to crop and prepare images before uploading, as the ability to edit within the program is limited. Excellent, easy-to-add back-end extras include guestbooks, photo libraries, MP3 downloads and blogs.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook aims to launch unmanned drone by year-end
- Windows 10 launches with its fair share of bugs
- These graphics cards and processors support Windows 10's DirectX 12 graphics tech
- Windows 10 is a free upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows 8 users
- Hands on with Windows 10's Windows Hello: It just works
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW