Takeaway Website Version Two
Chances are that at one point or the other everyone has wanted to possess their own Web site. And hiring a professional to do it may just be too expensive.
- Good value, feature-rich
- Level of customisation is restricted
Mr Site Takeaway Website Version Two is feature-rich, but the level of customisation is restricted because the templates themselves cannot be changed. Mr Site Takeaway Website is good value for money, since you get a domain name, one year of hosting, and an easy to use Web site creator for a reasonable price.
Price$ 109.99 (AUD)
Chances are that at one point or the other everyone has wanted to possess their own Web site. And hiring a professional to do it may just be too expensive. Mr Site Takeaway Website Version Two promises to make Web site creation and hosting a simple and painless affair.
Mr Site Takeaway Website is aimed at home users and small businesses who want their own Web site. The box that you get on purchasing the software merely contains a CD with a few internet tools and the software manual, a manual in booklet form and your activation card with the activation number.
Using this you have to register on the Mr Site Web site, immediately after which you can get down to creating your website. On purchasing the service, you get 150MB of web space, 20 email addresses and a year's worth of hosting. After the first year, Mr Site Takeaway Website Version 2.0 costs $8 a month. The first step is registering your domain, for which Mr Site offers you various domain names (such as .com, .biz, .in).
On the Mr Site page, you begin choosing a design for your site. There are over 100 templates offered in Mr Site Takeaway Website and you can further change the background colour according to your choice. You also choose what kind of menus you want and where you want them placed. After choosing the number of pages that you want, you can start adding content.
To format text, Mr Site Takeaway Website offers an MS Word-like interface allowing you to make use of advanced features such as tables — or Web-centric details like radio buttons and drop-down menus. Alternatively, there's a simpler interface in which you can type and add pictures or files for download.
Mr Site Takeaway Website also allows you to add other features to your site, such as an online shopping page using PayPal's services, an image gallery, a music jukebox, contact forms, guest books, password-protected pages, blogs and even forums.
Creating a Web site from scratch took us about two hours thanks to Mr Site Takeaway Website's intuitive and very simple design. We liked that everything could be done in a step-by-step manner, leaving nothing to be confused about. And the number of features available to the user is quite noteworthy.
Mr Site Takeaway Website allows you to add widgets, Google Ad Sense and Analytics and even a Mr Site ad-banner to make your Web site earn you some cash.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Google's Trusted Contacts pings your loved ones when you need them most
- Chrome 55 pushes Flash into the background
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- 2016 will be 1 second longer: Google can help you cope
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCSAP Hana and UI5 ConsultantsACT
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- TPTest LeadQLD
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT