NetComm V25 VoIP Headset
- Design, volume control, performance.
- Headphone covers get hot quickly, volume lacking a little.
A well designed set of headphones, the V25 isn't outstanding by any means, but it does offer pretty good value for money.
Price$ 24.97 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
- Hs-1000w Usb Wireless Headset For Music Gaming 96.00
The NetComm V25 is a basic stereo VoIP headset with a convenient volume control and flexible microphone. Its sleek, minimalist design ensures it looks as good as it performs and for the price offers good value for money.
The V25 is an ideal accessory for any VoIP or instant messaging client including Skype, MSN and iChat. The best feature of this headset is that it doesn't require any drivers to operate - it connects to your PC or Mac via a headphone and microphone jack. This means you can have it up and running in a matter of seconds and it will work with any software that uses sound and voice. The only downside is that the V25 becomes your computer's main audio source - as if it were a set of speakers.
The headset uses an around the head design, but it is surprisingly comfortable - even for prolonged periods of use. We didn't think much of the design until the headset was worn for a couple of hours and we're pleased to report that it was quite comfortable. The rubber ear clips are soft while the band is flexible and well constructed. Our only complaint is that the headphone covers tend to warm up your ears quickly due to the fabric being used.
The V25 includes a separate volume adjustment and an on/off switch for the built-in microphone. A clip on the rear allows you to attach it to a shirt pocket for added convenience. The microphone is connected to the headset by a flexible rod which is easy to adjust to an ideal position for voice calls.
Performance was adequate. The volume was lacking a little, even on its highest setting with the PC's volume set to the maximum. It's fine if there is no excess noise, but in a busy office environment it may come up lacking. Voice calls using Skype were quite crisp and clear throughout testing, with good audio quality for both incoming and outgoing sound.
Overall the V25 is an average headset, but with a comfortable design and convenient microphone volume and mute controller, it offers pretty good value for money.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft sued as lawsuits over employee no-poach deal mount
- Changes coming to Aldi Mobile plans and network
- Apple's iPad Air 2 goes on sale in Australia
- China attacks lead Apple to alert users on iCloud threats
- Order the OnePlus One from Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW