First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Nintendo Super Mario Galaxy
Mario reaches for the stars in his new intergalactic adventure, Super Mario Galaxy. Strap on your space boots and come along for the ride as we tour the cosmos and explain why Galaxy is the best Mario game since the timeless classic, Mario 64!!!
- The level design is superb and the new gameplay mechanics reinvigorate the Mario franchise; wonderful visual style really takes full advantage of the Wii's capabilities; definitely lives up to the high standard of previous Mario games; best title in the franchise since Mario 64.
- It may take some players a while to adjust to the game's unique gameplay; the camera moves in strange ways during the space levels, so we hope you're not prone to motion-sickness! The multiplayer mode is weak and feels tacked on.
This is the first game in a long time that we've actually gone back and replayed levels just for fun. It's everything you loved about Mario 64 and nothing you hated about Super Mario Sunshine.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Nintendo's plump mascot has been around for what seems like forever, doesn't it? It's hard to think about video games without conjuring up images of the cheery plumber. His antics and exploits have thrilled and inspired a generation of gamers. And you have to hand it to Nintendo: they've managed to keep Mario -- not to mention their other main franchises like Zelda and Metroid -- relevant across several different platforms and titles, helping to shape the entire industry as a whole along the way.
The Mario series has especially proven influential: the first Super Mario Bros game has attained mainstream pop culture icon status, and deservedly so. Super Mario Bros 3 was, at the time, a revolutionary title that gave the NES a huge boost late in its life cycle, while Super Mario World helped usher in the 16-bit era and gave the Super Nintendo system a strong push.
Then came Mario 64, which helped open our eyes to the possibilities of a 3D world. And we haven't even touched upon related franchises like Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros and Mario's foray into the RPG realm.
There's no denying the star power inherent in the Mario franchise and Galaxy is definitely a title that holds its own. It lives up to the stratospherically high bar that we have set for the series and brings new and interesting wrinkles to the table. It is a fantastic addition to the Wii's already impressive library and as we will soon demonstrate, it is, without a doubt, the best Mario game since the N64 classic.
So click through to the next page and start your adventure down the path of enlightenment.
Latest News Articles
- Imation 2-in-1 Micro USB Flash drive for Android
- IN PICTURES: Game Masters exhibition explores history's most influential (+74 photos)
- Twitter expands keyword targeting so Nestlé knows you 'luv' coffee
- President Lincoln makes cameo in Apple Samsung court battle
- Show us a better way than collecting metadata, NSA director says to critics
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 4 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 5 Samsung’s 2013 Smart TVs: everything you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- GamesView all »
- Software and ServicesView all »
- PC ComponentsView all »
- Desktop PCsView all »
- NotebooksView all »