Personal Trainer: Walking
Nintendo helps you get fit with Personal Trainer: Walking for the DS
- Easy to use and understand, great for those involved with the fitness craze
- Lack of extras, no number on the activity meter, plain graphics and repetitive music
My main complaint with Personal Trainer: Walking is I wish it had more. Add more mini games to generate a reason to keep returning to the game.
Nintendo has decided to try their luck with the fitness market on the DS with Personal Trainer: Walking. It has simple tasks and incorporates the walking you do each day. The package includes the DS game and two activity meters. Each meter also has a clip you can attach.
Start up is simple and it walks you through the process. Each activity meter will track one individual or dog and cannot be used with another profile until deleted. During startup you will ask be asked information like your name and birthday. You can create a custom Mii character or import you Mii from your Wii. Once your profile is created, you can begin carrying around the activity meter. You start with a 3,000 step goal and after one week it will adjust to meet your needs. You can check your stats at anytime by loading the game in your DS. It will keep tabs of when you start and stop, when you were most active and inactive, as well as your current totals. Another way to check if you have met your goal is with the activity meter. If the light is red, you have not met you step goal. Green indicates you have.
At the end of the day, choose whether you had a bad, good, or great day. You'll also receive a mini target for the next day, such as "make sure to keep good posture while you're walking", and an animal that represents the type of day you had. For example, Daytime Ant means you were most active during the day. Overall Personal Trainer Walking is easy to use and simple to understand. It offers many tips to improve self health. How much effort you put into it is up to you. Personal Trainer: Walking is about becoming more active by using what you're already doing (walking). The game accomplishes this goal and tries helps to build a healthier lifestyle.
My main complaint is I wish it had more. Add more mini games to generate a reason to keep returning to the game. With only two small games, you could easily accomplish the goals with a pedometer. I would also have the activity meter show the number of steps. I hated wondering where I was at, when I was unable to use my DS. Although it is not a title for everyone, fitness enthusiasts will get a kick out of this simple title.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- You can download Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS and Android today
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes looks sharp, but will it survive the freemium transition?
- Nintendo's bringing Super Mario Run to Android in March, but Fire Emblem's coming first
- The Switch is a mix of Nintendo's past consoles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTData AnalystQLD
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- CCTest ManagerWA
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)WA
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPProject ManagerOther
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support AnalystVIC
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - Wealth AdviceNSW
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCService ManagerACT