Personal Trainer: Walking
Nintendo helps you get fit with Personal Trainer: Walking for the DS
- Easy to use and understand, great for those involved with the fitness craze
- Lack of extras, no number on the activity meter, plain graphics and repetitive music
My main complaint with Personal Trainer: Walking is I wish it had more. Add more mini games to generate a reason to keep returning to the game.
Nintendo has decided to try their luck with the fitness market on the DS with Personal Trainer: Walking. It has simple tasks and incorporates the walking you do each day. The package includes the DS game and two activity meters. Each meter also has a clip you can attach.
Start up is simple and it walks you through the process. Each activity meter will track one individual or dog and cannot be used with another profile until deleted. During startup you will ask be asked information like your name and birthday. You can create a custom Mii character or import you Mii from your Wii. Once your profile is created, you can begin carrying around the activity meter. You start with a 3,000 step goal and after one week it will adjust to meet your needs. You can check your stats at anytime by loading the game in your DS. It will keep tabs of when you start and stop, when you were most active and inactive, as well as your current totals. Another way to check if you have met your goal is with the activity meter. If the light is red, you have not met you step goal. Green indicates you have.
At the end of the day, choose whether you had a bad, good, or great day. You'll also receive a mini target for the next day, such as "make sure to keep good posture while you're walking", and an animal that represents the type of day you had. For example, Daytime Ant means you were most active during the day. Overall Personal Trainer Walking is easy to use and simple to understand. It offers many tips to improve self health. How much effort you put into it is up to you. Personal Trainer: Walking is about becoming more active by using what you're already doing (walking). The game accomplishes this goal and tries helps to build a healthier lifestyle.
My main complaint is I wish it had more. Add more mini games to generate a reason to keep returning to the game. With only two small games, you could easily accomplish the goals with a pedometer. I would also have the activity meter show the number of steps. I hated wondering where I was at, when I was unable to use my DS. Although it is not a title for everyone, fitness enthusiasts will get a kick out of this simple title.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Corsair's K70 RGP Rapidfire features new gaming-focused Cherry MX switches
- EVE Valkyrie's new Carrier Assault mode will fulfill your Millennium Falcon dreams
- Doom co-creator John Romero teases new PC shooter
- Microsoft kills off its Xbox 360 gaming console, but Xbox 360 games will live on thanks to Xbox One
- Microsoft adds Android Wear support to Outlook for Android
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW