Nintendo Australia Super Mario Galaxy
- The level design is superb and the new gameplay mechanics reinvigorate the Mario franchise; wonderful visual style really takes full advantage of the Wii's capabilities; definitely lives up to the high standard of previous Mario games; best title in the franchise since Mario 64.
- It may take some players a while to adjust to the game's unique gameplay; the camera moves in strange ways during the space levels, so we hope you're not prone to motion-sickness! The multiplayer mode is weak and feels tacked on.
This is the first game in a long time that we've actually gone back and replayed levels just for fun. It's everything you loved about Mario 64 and nothing you hated about Super Mario Sunshine.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Mario reaches for the stars in his new intergalactic adventure, Super Mario Galaxy. Strap on your space boots and come along for the ride as we tour the cosmos and explain why Galaxy is the best Mario game since the timeless classic, Mario 64!!!
Nintendo's plump mascot has been around for what seems like forever, doesn't it? It's hard to think about video games without conjuring up images of the cheery plumber. His antics and exploits have thrilled and inspired a generation of gamers. And you have to hand it to Nintendo: they've managed to keep Mario -- not to mention their other main franchises like Zelda and Metroid -- relevant across several different platforms and titles, helping to shape the entire industry as a whole along the way.
The Mario series has especially proven influential: the first Super Mario Bros game has attained mainstream pop culture icon status, and deservedly so. Super Mario Bros 3 was, at the time, a revolutionary title that gave the NES a huge boost late in its life cycle, while Super Mario World helped usher in the 16-bit era and gave the Super Nintendo system a strong push.
Then came Mario 64, which helped open our eyes to the possibilities of a 3D world. And we haven't even touched upon related franchises like Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros and Mario's foray into the RPG realm.
There's no denying the star power inherent in the Mario franchise and Galaxy is definitely a title that holds its own. It lives up to the stratospherically high bar that we have set for the series and brings new and interesting wrinkles to the table. It is a fantastic addition to the Wii's already impressive library and as we will soon demonstrate, it is, without a doubt, the best Mario game since the N64 classic.
So click through to the next page and start your adventure down the path of enlightenment.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- You can download Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS and Android today
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes looks sharp, but will it survive the freemium transition?
- Nintendo's bringing Super Mario Run to Android in March, but Fire Emblem's coming first
- The Switch is a mix of Nintendo's past consoles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLead PMONSW
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorNSW
- CCService Desk Analyst - TelcoTAS
- FTL1 Application SupportWA
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- CCBPM Technical AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW