Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0
Nuance provides loads of features aimed directly at business users
- Creates PDFs quickly and accurately, affordable
- Some menus are cryptic
Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0 package has lots to like. And it's today's best value in full-featured PDF-conversion software.
Price$ 229.95 (AUD)
Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0 takes on Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro (Acrobat comes from the originator of the PDF format) - and does so with a strategy that is both obvious and ambitious.
Nuance provides loads of features aimed directly at business users, including most of Acrobat Pro 9's advanced features and some that it lacks, despite being cheaper.
No PDF tool is worth considering unless it quickly and faithfully converts documents of all sorts into PDFs. In our tests, Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0 did just that, and it's full of niceties that help you create better PDFs with less effort.
We even liked Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0's new thumbnail viewer for juggling the pages in a PDF more than Acrobat Pro's equivalent, for instance. And if you open an image file that contains text, PDF Converter now asks you if want to use its optical-character-recognition feature to make the text searchable, and whether you want to keep the image or replace it with editable text.
One of the best things about Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0 is its ability to reverse the process by turning a PDF back into an editable Word, WordPerfect, Excel, or PowerPoint file. The new version even lets you select a single chunk of a PDF for conversion - very handy when you don't need the entire document.
Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0 doesn't match Acrobat Pro in every respect, though. We found some of its icons, terminology, and error messages (yes, we got a few of those as well) to be a tad cryptic. Its new Portfolio PDF-bundling feature offers only one template versus Acrobat's four, and Acrobat's support for embedded video is better. And you get integrated access to Microsoft SharePoint document repositories, but no support for Adobe's Acrobat.com collaborative service.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- ACCC to scrutinise impact of NBN, 5G on telco competition
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCPMO AnalystNSW