First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
OKI Printing Solutions B4350
- Fast, good text printing, LCD menu
- Nothing in particular
For the money, the Oki B4350 provides fast printing and excellent text, with an LCD navigation display that makes it particularly easy to use.
Price$ 768.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 8 stores)
Similar in size to most other small-office lasers we've seen lately, the Oki B4350 is a bit pricier than most. But the extra dollars fetch top-rated print speeds and good-looking prints. This model also has more top-mounted controls than you'll find on a typical personal printer: a well-designed eight-button control panel with a two-line LCD puts all settings at your fingertips.
The B4350 prints text well. Small text looked crisp, and large characters solid. Even at tiny font sizes, characters remained whole. Though line art showed slight banding in areas of fine parallel lines, it looked clean elsewhere. Our photo sample had some banding and was too light, but that shortcoming permitted it to show plenty of detail, even in darker areas. All in all, the B4350 produced very clean-looking output.
This model's outstanding speed--20.1 pages per minute on text during our tests, and 13.2 pages per minute on graphics--is another remarkable attribute. It also kicked out the first text page in a little less than 8 seconds.
The B4350's main paper tray holds 250 sheets of paper. A 500-sheet drawer is optional. You can feed special paper or thicker media such as envelopes via the fold-down auxiliary paper tray, one sheet at a time. For envelopes you must also open the rear paper exit to create a flat path through the printer.
A printed Setup Guide walks you through the process of unpacking the printer, installing the drum unit and toner cartridge, and loading the machine with paper. The guide doesn't discuss installing the print driver, but we found that process quite intuitive. The User's Guide, which comes as a PDF file on the software CD-ROM, is more complete.
An expensive internal Ethernet adapter enables you to share the B4350 with colleagues--and given these print speeds, that's a reasonable proposition.
Latest News Articles
- Apple faces privacy suit following Chinese TV report
- New guide aims to remove the drama of reporting software flaws
- Yamaha TSX-B232 desktop stereo review
- 'Canvas fingerprinting' tracking is sneaky but easy to halt
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 III compact digital camera
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Printers & Scanners View all »
- Notebooks View all »
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Tablets View all »
- Software and Services View all »