OXX Pocket DAB+ digital radio
OXX Digital Pocket review: An impressive portable digital radio that comes bundled with great earphones
- Great headphones, easy to operate, sturdy design
- No internal rechargeable battery
The OXX Digital Pocket is the best portable digital radio that we've reviewed and it's bundled with great a-Jays earphones. It's also good value.
Price$ 139.95 (AUD)
The OXX Digital Pocket is exactly what a portable digital radio should be: FM-capable as well as supporting DAB+ radio, easy to use, compact, durable and able to provide good reception. To top it off, it's also bundled with a pair of a-Jays One earphones.
It's similar in design and operation to the Bush Walker digital radio, but the OXX Digital Pocket is a superior product.
Unlike the Bush Walker, which seemed slightly flimsy and fragile, the Pocket feels sturdy in your hand, with the entire back cover finished in matte black plastic. The front of the Pocket has the same layout as the Bush Walker, with simple buttons and a backlit dual-line LCD. Scanning for stations, setting presets and adjusting volume and station is a breeze.
The Pocket is operated by two AA batteries so a pair of rechargeable batteries will save you money if you listen to the radio regularly. Reception was excellent when we tested it in the Sydney CBD, with both digital and FM stations clear and audible.
The bundling of Jays' entry level a-Jays One earphones is a huge incentive for people to buy the OXX Digital Pocket DAB+ digital radio. Although the earphones provided with the Bush Walker and Grundig Roam are adequate, the a-Jays One earphones blows them away. The bass is not too overpowering, with mid and treble tones crystal clear. The a-Jays One headphones also have a tangle-free cord and five pairs of silicone sleeves that do a great job of filtering out background noise.
We were very impressed with the OXX Digital Pocket DAB+ digital radio — we think it is the best portable digital radio to have passed through our Test Centre.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the PC World newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- YouTube launches streaming TV service with 40 channels and unlimited cloud DVR storage
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTAgile TesterNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst AgileQLD
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTJunior Wintel Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCAutomation TesterQLD
- FTDirector, Centre for Cyber Security SolutionsVIC
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTDevops / Technical Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Change Analyst/ Change ManagerNSW
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTWorkforce AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTAEM Architect - Blue Chip organisationNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- CCAutomation Developer - LinuxNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Devops EngineerVIC