- fast response time
- Had to increase the refresh rate of our graphics card, slight blur with motion blur tests
This monitor produced the clearest picture in our motion blur tests and should definitely be considered if you want a large screen for games. Its colour capabilities, despite being a 6-bit panel, were also comparatively good, as was its brightness level, despite the 250cd/m² rating. We didn't like this monitor's base, but we feel it's a great unit for everyday use and for games.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 5 stores)
Unlike most of the other monitors in this round-up, we had to increase the refresh rate of our graphics card in order to eliminate some slight ghosting and blurry text that was evident during our tests. We ran the screen at 75Hz rather than 60Hz, which produced a perfectly clear picture.
The 190S6FS/75 is another one of the panels in this round-up that can only display 16.2 million colours (dithered), not 16.7 million colours. The sacrifice in colour comes with the increase in response time, and this panel has the fastest pixel response time of all the monitors that we looked at (8ms). In our motion blur tests we did pick up slight trailing as the text moved from right to left, but text colouring did remain solid and it did not induce dizziness as it scrolled past. As such, this monitor is well recommended for games. It does have a low brightness rating of 250cd/m², but was still capable of producing a vibrant and uniform display and its viewing angles were very good from all sides.
In DisplayMate, the 256-colour intensity ramp revealed slight banding, but this monitor was smoother than some other models. Its colour blending was good too, with no noticeable banding. Its contrast ratio of 500:1 produced good results in the extreme greyscale tests, but the darker grey colours were washed out by the black and the lighter grey colours were washed out by the white.
Physically, the 190S6 has a stiff stand that only tilts backwards and which feels awkward while being tilted. It has a 2cm thick bezel across the top and along the sides.
This model carries a relatively high retail price but at the time of writing, we could buy it online for significantly less.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 2 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google to turn on encryption by default in next Android version
- Nvidia pumps more horsepower into flagship graphics chips
- CloudFlare can provide its caching service without your SSL keys
- iPhone 6 fans brave Dengue mosquitoes in Tokyo
- Larry Ellison's best zingers: a look back
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.