Classy looking IEMs that are great value for money.
- Stylish design, good sound quality
- Highs seem somewhat recessed
Another good quality pair of IEMs; the Philips SHE9620s present a relatively neutral sound at an affordable price.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
Released at the same time as Philips' SHE9550, the Philips SHE9620 headphones offer a slightly different listening experience. While the SHE9550s were incredibly bass heavy, these IEMs (in-ear monitors) focus more on providing a clear, neutral listening experience; and they do a good job of it. If you want a slightly more accurate listening experience they are a good option, particularly if you're on a budget.
The bass is much less booming on these headphones. They still present a slightly warm tone, but the bass isn't as slow and doesn't extend as deeply. It was reasonably detailed and was balanced well with the other ranges.
The mid-range was detailed and crisp. We'd have preferred a little more separation between the individual parts of the sound but the laid back, smooth presentation will definitely suit some users.
We found the treble notes had a similar texture: smooth and liquid but never verging on bright or harsh. They were reasonably rich and sweet but were slightly recessed compared to the mid-range.
The soundstage was about what we expect from headphones in this price range: immersive enough but nothing spectacular. The overall presentation is suitable for a huge variety of music, making these a great pair of headphones for day-to-day use.
As they're IEMs, they slide into your ear canal rather than just resting in the outer ear. This has the effect of isolating you from external sound to some degree. They don't do as good of a job as some other units we've tested, but this is because they're fairly small. On the plus side, this makes them comfortable to wear, even for long listening sessions.
The other interesting thing about these headphones is the design. They look a little different from the standard black or gunmetal-coloured earbuds we normally look at. Their crystal colour scheme certainly stands out.
Join the PC World newsletter!
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Astro A38 review: A staggering price to pay for convenience
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- FTLinux System AdminstratorQLD
- FTCitrix ArchitectNSW
- TPJunior Business AnalystQLD
- FTWeb Support LeadQLD
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCProjects Governance Risk SpecialistSA
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- CCProduct Design AnalystNSW
- FTAssociate Consultant - IT Project ServicesVIC
- FTLead Network Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Communications EngineerWA
- FTIT SpecialistACT
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD