Pinnacle Liquid 6
Definitely the most powerful integrated video editing package available at this price, but still a tough challenge for the newcomer
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
Liquid Edition 6 is Pinnacle's video editing package for the studio professional or serious video hobbyist. Although undeniably powerful, it's previously been criticised for poor usability but Pinnacle has taken steps to improve this situation by (finally) adding a Windows-like interface option to help ease the learning curve a little.
As far as the features are concerned, there are some exciting new additions to an already impressive list. The first of these is support for high-definition video (HDV) right out of the box; though you'll need a gutsy PC to even consider using this feature (2.8GHz for 720p, and dual 3GHz for 1080i HDV). Thanks to SmartEdit, standard definition content can be mixed with HDV on the timeline, as well as varying codecs and broadcast standards, while SmartRT still allows you to split the effects processing workload between your CPU and your graphics card for real-time previews.
Also new is the excellent new Multicam feature, which lets you switch between up to 16 synchronised camera sources, building on the timecode synchronisation feature of previous versions.
Collaborative workers will appreciate tools like network communication and storage, and tools like Xsend which lets you dump projects out to external applications with minimum fuss. Individual users will appreciate the task wizards and support for Pinnacle Studio projects, while both will benefit from InstantSave and background rendering - two of Liquid Edition's best features.
Admittedly, it's still a challenge to get to grips with, and the integrated DVD authoring isn't as advanced as some discrete editors, but there's nothing on the market that offers such a range of features for this kind of money.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- Pwn2Own hacking contest ends with two virtual machine escapes
- It's time to turn on HTTPS: the benefits are well worth the effort
- HBO brought its best shows to life at SXSW with an awesome escape room
- Windows Vista has just 30 days to live
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPTechnical ManagerNSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperQLD
- FTField Deployment EngineerNSW
- TPAutomation Test AnalystSA
- TPTeam Leader Project And Quality AssuranceVIC
- FTMarketing Specialist (B2B Sales)NSW
- FTCCTV Sales & SupportNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- CCInside Sales ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperQLD
- TPIT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- FTJunior Applications SupportACT
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- TPProcess Business Analyst - Digital InnovationNSW
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- FTSAP Logistics ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack Software Engineer, C#, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCFull-stack Software EngineerNSW
- CCProject LeadNSW
- FTData and Insights AnalystNSW
- FTServer Engineer l Windows l VMWare l Active DirectoryNSW
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW