Pinnacle Studio Plus 9
An intuitive editing package for the consumer, made better with the addition of several key features.
Price$ 249.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Anyone familiar with Pinnacle Studio 9 will know that it's one of the most accessible consumer video editors available, but has notably lacked key features found in competing products. These limitations have now (largely) been addressed with the release of Studio Plus 9, a beefed-up and more capable version of its predecessor.
The main improvement is the addition of a second video track. Previously, you could only place still images like titles or logos over your main video. Studio Plus 9 now lets you embed/overlay a second video sequence within the first, and has a new picture-in-picture (PiP) tool that lets you tweak the size, position, transparency and border of this effect to suit.
Alongside this tool, and bringing Studio Plus 9 in line with competing products from Sony, Adobe and Roxio, is the new chroma key feature, which lets you create composite images by removing a specific background colour (typically a blue or green screen) - though you shouldn't expect too much from this tool. Finally, Pinnacle has brought more advanced still image handling to Studio Plus 9, including zoom and pan tools (much like Ulead's VideoStudio 8), in conjunction with rotation and red-eye removal. These effects are "keyframeable", but Pinnacle has added a twist by allowing you to quickly copy the end points of the preceding clip and apply them to the next, which makes building pan/zoom sequences with stills a lot simpler.
It's still a little expensive compared to the rest of the consumer products on the market, but retains the ease-of-use and feature set that made its predecessor so popular.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- ACCC to scrutinise impact of NBN, 5G on telco competition
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCWebSphere Message BrokerACT
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW