- It's free, can customise the included templates
- Can't edit audio, no video effects, works only with files on your hard drive
We'd still advise most people to buy a full-service video editor, but Pinnacle VideoSpin is a good option if all you want to do is dress up clips before uploading them to YouTube.
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Pinnacle Studio is far from our favourite video editing application, but Pinnacle's VideoSpin, a new, free editor based on Studio, does a pretty darn good job.
Although it doesn't match the sophistication of paid-for applications, Pinnacle VideoSpin does let you perform basic edits and output movies for use online. Pinnacle VideoSpin has some strict limitations. The application works only with files on your hard drive. You can't edit audio, except for levels.
Since Pinnacle VideoSpin has no video effects, you can't brighten dark movies. Unless you purchase add-ons, you can export files only to AVI, Flash, Real or Mpeg1 format; you can't exchange files with Studio, either.
The interface size is fixed, so you can't view Pinnacle VideoSpin full-screen, and you must put up with advertisements rotating in the top-middle of the interface.
Pinnacle VideoSpin provides a surprising number of video transitions and, although it has merely a handful of title templates, you can customise them to your heart's content. It has several cheesy sound effects, and you can import audio files for use as a soundtrack.
When you're done, you can use Pinnacle VideoSpin to upload your movies directly to YouTube or to Yahoo Video easily. Alternatively you can output files in DivX, Mpeg2 or Mpeg4 format to your hard drive, albeit only for 15 days; after that you can purchase the set of codecs for a few bucks.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ‘Absolutely not’: No regrets ditching NBN FTTP rollout, says Pyne
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- NBN leaks: Journalist union slams AFP raids
- nbn co paying customers $100 to sign up
- Dreyfus: Confidence in AFP undermined by NBN leak raids
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCAssistant Project OfficerACT
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity Consultant - Telecommunications and NetworksSA
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTSolution Architect - Capacity ManagementVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCChange LeadACT