Pioneer BDP-340 3D Blu-ray player (preview)
A feature-packed Pioneer Blu-ray disc player that can play 3D movies and be controlled with an iPhone
- 3D Blu-ray playback, iPhone control via Pioneer's iControlAV app
- More expensive than competing models from Sony, LG and Panasonic
Pioneer's BDP-340 3D Blu-ray player offers enviable ability to be controlled via your iPhone and a Pioneer app. It's a bit expensive when directly compared to similarly specced units from Panasonic, Sony and LG but if you're hooking up a high-end home cinema the small price difference shouldn't be a concern.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
The Pioneer BDP-340 isn't the company's most expensive Blu-ray disc player — that honour goes to the $4999 BDP-LX91 — but it's still chock-full of high-end circuitry and wizardry. As well as playing back 3D Blu-ray movies, the Pioneer BDP-430 can be controlled with an iPhone using Pioneer's iControlAV app.
The iControlAV app gives Pioneer a definite advantage over competitive products from Samsung, Sony, Panasonic and LG. If you've got an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch you can download the app and use it whenever the remote control goes missing.
There's a lot to control, as well. The Pioneer BDP-430 should be able to handle any Blu-ray disc you throw at it, including any 3D content. There's an Ethernet port for DLNA and Internet connection, as well as an optional Wi-Fi adapter, and USB connectivity for playback of video, photo and audio files.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- YouTube launches streaming TV service with 40 channels and unlimited cloud DVR storage
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- FTTest AnalystACT
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTICT Contractors for multiple Federal Government OpportunitiesSA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- FTSAP APO ConsultantNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD