Pioneer BDP-340 3D Blu-ray player (preview)
A feature-packed Pioneer Blu-ray disc player that can play 3D movies and be controlled with an iPhone
- 3D Blu-ray playback, iPhone control via Pioneer's iControlAV app
- More expensive than competing models from Sony, LG and Panasonic
Pioneer's BDP-340 3D Blu-ray player offers enviable ability to be controlled via your iPhone and a Pioneer app. It's a bit expensive when directly compared to similarly specced units from Panasonic, Sony and LG but if you're hooking up a high-end home cinema the small price difference shouldn't be a concern.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
The Pioneer BDP-340 isn't the company's most expensive Blu-ray disc player — that honour goes to the $4999 BDP-LX91 — but it's still chock-full of high-end circuitry and wizardry. As well as playing back 3D Blu-ray movies, the Pioneer BDP-430 can be controlled with an iPhone using Pioneer's iControlAV app.
The iControlAV app gives Pioneer a definite advantage over competitive products from Samsung, Sony, Panasonic and LG. If you've got an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch you can download the app and use it whenever the remote control goes missing.
There's a lot to control, as well. The Pioneer BDP-430 should be able to handle any Blu-ray disc you throw at it, including any 3D content. There's an Ethernet port for DLNA and Internet connection, as well as an optional Wi-Fi adapter, and USB connectivity for playback of video, photo and audio files.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA