- User friendly, easily programmable, commercial skip
- No memory card slot
While not quite as heavy duty as some hard disk DVD recorders, the pioneer DVR-720H is more user friendly than most.
Price$ 1,099.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 7 stores)
The 160GB Pioneer DVR-720H has enough hard drive capacity to store 34 hours of TV at the best-quality recording setting, or up to 204 hours at the lowest.
Where the 720H really scores is in user friendliness. For example, hitting the play button on the remote automatically plays your last recording, be it from the hard drive or the DVD. And there's an easy-timer recorder button on the remote that lets you set a same-day timer recording in seconds using a slider (there's also a more conventional screen for setting multiple recordings up in advance, as well as G-Code support). It's the easiest solution I've come across outside of an electronic programming guide supplied directly by a broadcaster.
The DVR-720H's remote comes festooned with buttons. It looks intimidating to begin with, but having dedicated buttons for different functions helps keep things simple. Another nice touch is a dedicated fast-forward button for skipping ahead in 30-second increments, or back in 15 second blocks.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160915/SSA/893Asia
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTDesign and Engineering - Technical WriterWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC