First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Pioneer Computers Australia DreamBook Power 900
The Power 900 is a well-built multimedia desktop replacement that would be ideal for video and gaming enthusiasts. At 5.7kg, it's a huge notebook with more features than we've ever seen.
- Performance, features
- Weight, battery, warranty
Lack of warranty and the other cons make this one not worth the price point.
Price$ 4,999.00 (AUD)
The 17.1" widescreen display has a coating that reduces reflection and increases contrast. Just above, there's a built-in 640 x 480 CCD camera. The notebook has ample palm rests and full-sized keyboard with dedicated number pad.
The front has playback controls and an LED display for Windows-independent audio CD playback. Pioneer also bundles an external standard definition digital TV tuner with remote--great for that big screen.
Graphics are served up by Nvidia's 256MB GeForce Go 6800 controller that, together with the 3.6GHz Pentium 4 processor and 1GB of memory, achieved an amazing graphic score in 3DMark 2001 (17,173).
Pioneer has also graced the Power 900 with the power of two 100GB hard drives (configured in RAID), two internal dual-layer DVD burners, two FireWire ports and both headphone and S/PDIF audio-out. This model also includes an integrated seven-in-one card reader plus four USB 2.0 and single serial, parallel, and PS/2 ports.
It had poor battery life in our tests, lasting only 50 minutes under a heavy workload.
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Galaxy S5 specs appear online with Quad HD display
- China Bitcoin exchange head 'surprised' at speed of regulations
- 'ZeroAccess' click-fraud botnet disrupted, but not dead yet
- Google to let users download portable file with all their Gmail messages
- Oracle may get second chance to prove Google infringed on Java copyrights
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 5 Samsung’s 2013 Smart TVs: everything you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Desktop PCsView all »
- Servers & StorageView all »
- Software and ServicesView all »