First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Pioneer Computers Australia Power Notebook 470K
Pioneer Power Notebook 470K
- Digital TV tuner
- It's heavy
A nice laptop but a little on the heavy side.
Price$ 3,499.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 22 stores)
The Pioneer Power Notebook 470K is bundled with a USB-based standard definition digital TV tuner and remote. Cyberlink PowerCinema 3 is supplied, complete with its own remote control to watch and record TV, create photo slide shows and listen to music. Such features, combined with the 470K's ability to use your TV as a display (using its S-Video TV-out), make for an almost Media Center PC-like experience.
This hefty, 4.1kg notebook features a 17" display, capable of a resolution or 2048 x 1536. It has a 128MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon graphics controller. The 470K also includes a 640 x 480 CCD Web camera integrated into the bezel. The notebook's multi-card reader helps get photos from your digital camera.
The 470K comes with Easy CD/DVD creator and Power DVD for watching movies, plus WordPerfect Office for productivity.
It has 5.1 channel S/PDIF audio output. At the time of writing, Pioneer was also including a set of Creative Inspire 5.1 5100 speakers in the bundle. Pioneer was also offering a free upgrade to an 8X DVD-/+ RW drive. The 470K includes standard connectivity options such as Ethernet and a 56Kbps modem. Wi-Fi is optional.
The AMD Athlon64-M 3400+ processor operates in conjunction with 512MB of DDR SDRAM and a 60GB hard disk. A one-year on-site (one year parts, three years labour) warranty is standard, with optional upgrades available.
Latest News Articles
- Attackers install DDoS bots on Amazon cloud, exploiting Elasticsearch weakness
- Chinese users tire of older social networking sites
- BenQ in talks with Australian telcos following Kogan smartphone partnership
- Until the Tails privacy tool is patched, here's how to stay safe
- Kogan and BenQ drive 4G smartphone pricing down with $229 Agora 4G
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 24% off $679.95
- $22.12 free shipping
- 33% off $19.95
- 23% off $2599.95
- Tablets View all »
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Servers & Storage View all »
- Software and Services View all »